MD signing of PA-C Notes

I am currently working at a psychiatric community clinic in Indiana, PA. Currently, my supervising physician(s) are only signing off on my notes that are from patients who have private insurance. However, on review of PA state regulations, I am interpreting it differently. It appears as if the MD should be signing all notes regardless of insurance of the patient within 10 days of completion. Any help would be appreciated!

I suspect that you're correct because it would be too labor intensive to discern who needs co-signatures and who doesn't. Easiest way to find out is to either print out the state statutes governing PA's in your state or call the governing body and have them give you a written interpretation.

My suspicion is they are consigning insured patients at insurance company policy... Not state.

Review state law, see what percentage has to ge countersigned... If state requires 100 %, have them do 100%

and a stamp + initials should be fine.

" Reviewed J. Doe, MD"

Archived