I am considering applying this summer for the class beginning June 2014. I'm waiting for the website to be updated with the new info regarding the switch to the Master's degree. My question is about the distance learning format. I found a sample program calendar which showed random 3-4 days at a time on campus, maybe twice a month. Is the format still going to be the same? I live 2.5 hours away from Davis and have 2 small kids so this format wouldn't be a problem, but I couldn't be on campus every day. Any information anyone has regarding the format would be great. Thanks!

I am considering applying this summer for the class beginning June 2014. I'm waiting for the website to be updated with the new info regarding the switch to the Master's degree. My question is about the distance learning format. I found a sample program calendar which showed random 3-4 days at a time on campus, maybe twice a month. Is the format still going to be the same? I live 2.5 hours away from Davis and have 2 small kids so this format wouldn't be a problem, but I couldn't be on campus every day. Any information anyone has regarding the format would be great. Thanks!

Hi Djmcfadden From what I know of our class, which starts in June We can expect to be on campus anywhere from 3-5 days a week The whole month at times I too have a family and will possibly be away several weeks at a time I'll ask my classmates to chime in and get back to you!

So, I didn't think to ask this with that last reply, but obviously it can't be 4 days a week on campus the whole program due to clinical time. Do you know if this is just for the first few months? Or how long? I have emailed the program itself, but have yet to get a reply.

Thanks again!

I'm a current 1st year and starting with our class they discontinued the distance learning. We are in class usually every T,W,Th with the occasional M or F. I have a feeling they may move into even more as the program continues to develop. This schedule lasts from June of your first year until Aug of your second year.

From what I was told by the admission advisor, the new class change includes more of in class room time, and yes, less distant learning Although I do know quizzes and exams are to be done via our personal student accounts called Lotus notes. I will know more in June When we have our orientation Your right, traditionally at Davis clinical's began first year Now however clinical's won't begin until second year So all book work is done during first year Hopefully sometime in May the Davis web page will be updated w/all new program info

Just to confirm for NLara, the first year of didactic will all be in class at MedEd (on the UC Davis, Sacramento campus). The second year, which is the clinical year, can have both locations in the Sacramento area, or if you are able to secure a preceptor at home and get it approved by the program, you may do preceptorships away form the area. I hope this helps for any additional clarification.

Archived