Class of 2016 - Waitlisted

Touro is my first choice, but I was placed on the high alternate list back on November and haven't heard anything since. They said they would be in contact with us late April / early May, but last year people were pulled from the waitlist as early as March. Has anyone been notified of status changes yet?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Hello, larislow and sparrowandjack. I am in the same boat :/ I, too, am on the high alternate waitlist. Touro is my top choice as well. I am getting worried bc like you mention, sparrowandjack, we were supposed to be notified march/april and possibly early May. When I attended the October interview session, I was under the impression that there were only going to be a couple more interviews in November and December and that was it. Then I read on here that people are being invited for interviews in May, too? That's pretty crazy and worries me. How many seats are available, again? Do either of you know? Also, in regards to what we submit post interviews, I have submitted additional letters of recommendation, so far. This whole process is very frustrating and nerve-wracking. Good luck to all of you. I hope all of us get pulled off the waitlist and get to attend class together :)

Larislow, after my interview I submitted additional transcripts from courses that I took since my CASPA application was submitted, an additional letter of recommendation, and updated patient care hours.

If I remember correctly they said that they have either 43 or 44 spots to offer this year. Unfortunately I do not know how many spots they have left, but I am getting anxious about it since 40-some spots is not very many. I am only guessing, but I would think they would notify the candidates who interviewed last week their status and then they would notify those on the waitlist. Does anyone know how the large the waitlist is or has been in the past? I hope we all hear good news soon :)

• 2 weeks later...

Hello Sparrowandjack,

I was looking through previous threads from the prior class and noticed that the class sizes went up to around 50-55. I am hoping for the same turn-around this year. I could be mistaken though, so we will see. I sent 3 additional letters of recommendation and I am in the process of sending an updated form of patient care hours, soon. I have been calling to speak to Naisha but they always tell me that she is not in her office. I'm assuming that she is there but will not answer any phone calls due to the influx of calls she probably gets on a daily basis. They told me that any questions regarding status, should be addressed via email. So, that is what I have been doing since my interview in October. It is very frustrating waiting, but I am hoping that all this waiting will turn positively in our favor. Good luck to all who are waiting anxiously and patiently to be accepted. I hope we all get our chance.

By the way, sparrowandjack, I too am on the "High Alternate Wait list" and from what Mrs. Bible told me (which was the first and last time i was able to speak with her via phone), was that not a lot of people are placed on the "High" Wait list and that we shouldn't worry so much because accepted students usually decline invitations as they hear back from other schools. So, hopefully this works in our favor :/

• 3 weeks later...

Hey Guys,

I was in the May 7th interview group and just found out I am waitlisted. Do you guys know if there is anyone else we can talk to about this other than Naisha? When I was there for the interview, one of the faculty members said to call and see how far down you are on the list, but when I spoke with her she wasn't very helpful and said she couldn't tell me anything. Any thoguhts?

Thanks!

Hello almbyers. It should have been listed on the mail they sent you, whether you are on the high or low waitlist. If there is no specification then you may fall in between. I guess just call again and ask anyone who answers you. Let them know that you need more information and that naisha isn't very helpful. Hope this helps.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Congratulations avil0017! May I ask what additional materials you submitted and if you had contacted/spoken directly to anyone on the admissions committee? How can we ask for direct feedback so we can address these weak areas when submitting additional materials?

Do you know of any others who were taken off the list?

• 3 weeks later...

Archived