Any US Approved International PA Schools?

Hello, I'm new to the site. This is my first post. I'm a 12 year AF vet (flight paramedic) and I'm applying to 5 stateside matriculating class summer 14' schools. However, I'm very interested in studying abroad. Does anyone know of any approved international schools?

Thanks so much.

no international schools currently make you eligible to take pance or practice in the u.s.

someday....

ps: hope you applied to u.wa medex. they like military folks....

also gardner-webb university in n.c. will have its first class starting 2014. director is a former af survival instructor and the program will include required overseas rotations....

no international schools currently make you eligible to take pance or practice in the u.s.

someday....

ps: hope you applied to u.wa medex. they like military folks....

also gardner-webb university in n.c. will have its first class starting 2014. director is a former af survival instructor and the program will include required overseas rotations....

Thanks so much for the info. I didn't apply to either school, but I'll look into them!

I am applying to Penn St Hershey- also having first class 14'. I'm currently in the well saturated state of PA...but I'm open to move about :)

• 2 years later...
  • Administrator

Citation please?  That used to happen years ago, and has been successfully quashed everywhere.  One state, Missouri IIRC, was letting MD grads without any residency practice as "assistant physicians" over pretty much everyone's objections, but that's not specifically targeted at IMGs.

There is a move to allow FMGs to walk into a STATE and obtain license for practice as a PA, and to sit for PANCE.  Are there any States that are currently allowing this to be done?

Haven't heard of that since the mid 1990s. Where is that happening?

There is a move to allow FMGs to walk into a STATE and obtain license for practice as a PA, and to sit for PANCE.  Are there any States that are currently allowing this to be done?

NO. fmgs have wanted this for years. that discussion is over and that door is closed. they still whine about it over at SDN.

www.aapa.org/twocolumn.aspx?id=2878

Current Missouri law allows un-specialized, licensed med grads to practice as Assistant Physicians in primary care.  There was a lot of hoopla about the bills when they were put on the governor's desk but nearly a year later and no one even remembers this program exists.  Reminds me of Navy GMOs.

they also have to be american med school grads. no fmgs.

Archived