Shadowing Opportunities Section

• 2 weeks later...
Guest GI Joe

-PA Forum Members,

I am studying to become an Army PA. Would anyone in the group, located in Massachusetts, be willing to have me shadow them?

I am looking forward to this invaluable experience. Thanks again for your help.

• 2 weeks later...

Hello everyone, I am interested in shadowing a PA in the Orlando area. I am interested in any specialty, just looking for some experience and guidance from anyone willing to have a temporary shadow. Please message me if you are interested in talking to me about shadowing or have any advice. Thank you! My email is ashesmarie32@comcast.net.

-Ashley Straight

• 2 weeks later...

Hi, I am a pre-PA student interested in shadowing PA's in a variety of specialities in Washington state. I am willing/able to travel. I appreciate any suggestions you have regarding shadowing opportunties in the area. Please send me a personal message and I will respond quickly.

Many thanks,

Olivia

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Hello,

Does anyone know any PAs to shadow in the Austin, TX area? I would really love the opportunity to learn more about the profession in any specialty. I have contacted the Texas Academy of Physician Assistants regarding my situation only to find out they have a long list of students wanting the same opportunity. I have a very flexible schedule.

Greatly appreciate all your help!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Though individual situations may vary, shadowing is often limited to one day. It can play havoc with a schedule. I tend to talk more and teach when I am shadowed which slows me down. Shadowing is helpful to get an idea of what the PA does on a daily basis, how they interact with patients or to get some exposure to a particular specialty. It is not to learn all you can about the specialty or PA practice.

Jen

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hello, My name is Heena and I am having a very difficult time, trying to find a PA to shadow. I live in Westchester County and would be willing to travel to the surrounding areas to potentially get some shadowing experience. If anyone could provide information on someone willing to help that would be great and I can be contacted at bourn2fly@gmail.com.