How to find CA (LA area) Rotations?

I'm a second year PA student going to school in VA, but I'm from CA. It's been awhile and I don't have any contacts in CA to do my rotations. I need advice/ideas on how to find rotations, preferably in the LA area for this July and August (my elective rotations). My main interest are orthopedics and dermatology, but really any rotation help will be much appreciated. Thanks.

• 3 weeks later...

I'm in your same exact situation (I'm from CA and in PA school in VA!). I just found out my rotation schedule and I want to do three rotations back home in the Bay Area or even in Southern California. I've emailed a bunch of clinical coordinators at the various PA schools and education coordinators at the hospitals, but it seems my emails seem to just get lost in cyber space. My clinical coordinators have no contacts out there, so I'm all alone. If you get any good tips, I would really appreciate it! I'm looking for Women's Health, Cardio, and Derm- toward the end of the year. Best of luck to you.

Im in the same boat! Im in New England but from Berkeley and looking to get back to the Bay (or LA). If you find anything out let me know!! I keep getting passed around from department to department. I figure if we can piggyback a rotation or find a willing preceptor, do well working with them, then the next PA student might be able to use them as a preceptor. Look me up if you have facebook: mmote@une.edu so we can collaborate on this.

• 6 months later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Hi all, did anyone have luck with this? Im from CA but am in school in Boston and really want to go home for some rotations! Just having a hard time finding some and not sure where else to try as my school does not have any connections in CA!

Thanks!!

I went to school in Nevada and setup all of my own rotations in So Cal. As a matter of fact, lots of people from my program have setup their own So Cal rotations ranging from the Valley down to the IE and to San Diego. Let me know how I can help.

• Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...

ceosborn,

What region of california? I can offer an opportunity in the central valley. PM if interested

rice2zzgte,

I tried to PM you, but it says you can't receive new messages at this time. I am a PA-S2 at Yale currently looking for rotations in CA. I just completed a rotation at Tulare Regional Medical Center and am interested in finding more rotations in California. I would be interested in hearing more about any potential rotations that you could offer or know of. Thanks for your help. Feel free to message me on the forum, and then I can provide you with an email for future contact.

• Upvote 1

• 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...
On 1/22/2016 at 7:24 AM, Timon said:

I went to school in Nevada and setup all of my own rotations in So Cal. As a matter of fact, lots of people from my program have setup their own So Cal rotations ranging from the Valley down to the IE and to San Diego. Let me know how I can help.

Timon,

Is it okay if I message you? I'm currently in my didactic year over in WA and wanted to go home ( SoCal) to be closer to the daughter. I'm mainly looking for a Family Practice or Internal Med preceptor in the LA area or anywhere in the SoCal area. Any info helps. Thanks!

• 2 weeks later...

BML8867 - Did you have any luck? 

I am a first year PA-S in Atlanta, GA. I begin rotations February 2018. I plan on working in Southern California upon graduation. Although my school sets up rotations for us in Atlanta, I would like to do as many rotations as possible in SoCal in order to begin networking and learning in the area where I want to practice in. We have 11 rotations total- each is 5 weeks. Is anyone interested in/willing to precept? Thank you for any help!! I have been searching for a month or so with very few solid results. 

• Upvote 1

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I am also a PA student in Boston but live in Riverside, CA. I will be starting rotations later this May (2018). I was hoping to do as many rotations as I can in Southern California in the LA/OC area or Inland Empire in order to start networking where I want to practice. I am looking for a preceptor in emergency medicine, general surgery, and cosmetic dermatology. If anyone has connections or suggestions, please let me know. 

• 5 months later...

Hi please i need help acedamati@yahoo.com

i only have primary care a this time

• 4 months later...
On 1/31/2016 at 3:30 PM, LA_EM_PA said:

rice2zzgte,

I tried to PM you, but it says you can't receive new messages at this time. I am a PA-S2 at Yale currently looking for rotations in CA. I just completed a rotation at Tulare Regional Medical Center and am interested in finding more rotations in California. I would be interested in hearing more about any potential rotations that you could offer or know of. Thanks for your help. Feel free to message me on the forum, and then I can provide you with an email for future contact.

Hi do you mind sharing who your preceptor was at Tulare medical center?

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hellooo!! 

I'm a student in BOSTON area and I'm looking to do some rotation sites in Southern California (OC/LA) area. I'm in desperate need for a PA/DOC/NP to take me for a 5 weeks rotation. I start rotations this May 2019! If you know anyone or is a PA willing to take me under your wing please reach out to me!! Letiffany96@gmail.com is my email 🙂

Edited by Ltiffany96

• 1 year later...
  • 1 year later...

Hi all, 

Has anyone in PA school out-of-state experienced any issues with California rotations due to NC-SARA? I'm a PA-S1 on the east coast and from CA, but I was informed that we cannot rotate in CA since it's the only state not enrolled in NC-SARA (which standardizes educational agreements, from my understanding). Is this required for CA rotations or were you able to work with your medical center or clinic by setting up a separate agreement? 

Thanks!

• 4 months later...

Hi I was wondering if there's a way to get in touch with you to see how you were able to get your rotations in So Cal because I was trying to do the same!

• 1 year later...

Hi y'all! I'm looking for a preceptor in Southern California for Pediatrics, Behavioral Health, and Emergency Medicine. For Behavioral Health, any setting will work but the provider must be a MD, DO, NP, or PA. The provider can’t be a psychologist (with a PhD or PsyD) or even a therapist. However, I can rotate with them as long as my main preceptor and the provider that completes my mid and final evaluation is an MD, DO, NP, or PA. Please reach out to me if you or anyone you know would be willing to have me for my rotation (would be anywhere from October 2023-August 2024)