Prior military medic who got selected

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

http://www.paprogram.yale.edu/admissions/prerequisites/experience.aspx

I know one of my classmates was in the military for years prior to starting PA school. I don't know all of the details of what he did, however, I've definitely heard of others in classes before me who had military experience. So yes, I'm assuming they're military friendly (I don't know why they wouldn't be.) You can call the program and ask this question directly and I'm sure someone will be able to give you an accurate answer. Yale does not have a minimum number of HCE hours like other schools (though it is expected/encouraged).

I'm prior service and I was accepted to the class of 2015. I wouldn't say they were military friendly, I would just say they were friendly. Seriously, I wouldn't worry too much if any school is "military" friendly. I would worry about making good grades and doing good work. I would recommend applying there. The school was great, the people were nice, and the PANCE pass rate is pretty damn good.

• 2 months later...

graduated yale PA several yers ago. now work in the HIV/academic field. yale is the place to be. liberal environment ... the medicine side has a number of former and current military at any given time. several members of the class after me joined the service while in school and are now officers serving out country well. just make sure you can handle alot of work and responsibility and you will do fine. represent alumni well. PM any questions or concerns to me about relocating etc.

graduated yale PA several yers ago. now work in the HIV/academic field. yale is the place to be. liberal environment ... the medicine side has a number of former and current military at any given time. several members of the class after me joined the service while in school and are now officers serving out country well. just make sure you can handle alot of work and responsibility and you will do fine. represent alumni well. PM any questions or concerns to me about relocating etc.

Archived