Housing for Class of 2015

Hi All!

I've started to plan out my budget for school and as an out-of-state student I wanted to open a discussion about housing options. Unfortunately, I'm not at all familiar with the area, so any advice would be helpful. Has anyone recieved any more information beyond the acceptance and deposit info? I wonder if there are certain homes/apartments that constantly change hands from one PA class to the other? That would be so convenient. So stoked to meet you guys!

-Elizabeth

You'll be getting some information about housing from the program and also will have the option to sign up for a mentor from the class ahead of you. This will be happening shortly after we get back from our winter break (classes start January 22). I moved from Oregon to attend QU and found a pretty cheap shared housing situation in New Haven (I pay $475/month plus utilities), but I also think that I am paying one of the cheapest rents out of everyone from my class. I think it's fairly common to find a 2 bedroom apartment for $1300-1500 that you can share with one other person in Hamden or North Haven. Wallingford is also pretty close to school and is a nice little town. If you have any other questions, feel free to send me a message.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi,

I'm a first year student now and will be moving out of my current house some time between April 1st- May 1st. If anyone is looking for a single family home (2bed, 1 bath) just shoot me a PM. It's a nice alternative to apartment style living if you have a family or dogs (my reason!). Located 15 minutes to campus and there is never traffic. Super quiet out in Durham plus the landlord does all the yardwork and snow removal. PM me for more specifics and pics.

Archived