Has anyone heard back for 2013 applications?

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hello LESH,

Thank you for the update. I live and work in an area with bad reception, will a voicemail be left if we are offered an interview? Secondly, has all the interview offers been noticed or can we expect to get an invitation over the next few days or weeks?

Thanks so much.

Hello Folks,

Thanks for your interest in the SJVC PA program. Calls inviting applicants to interview started going out last Thursday afternoon. There will be approximately 150 offers. The program will conduct two interviews. Panel interview format as previously discussed. Selected candidates will be offered a second interview based on ranking after initial interview. The process will be discussed in greater detail at the time of the interview. The major changes are the number of interviews granted; and medical community, faculty, student, staff interview panel composition.

Interviews will be offered to Central Valley applicants first, California applicants second, then out of state applicants. Interviews will be scheduled for the month of April. Please do not call Michelle or Monica about status at this time. If there is a question about letters that were sent out email me and I will look into the issue. Wait for the call please.

Again thank you for your interest in the SJVC Primary Care PA Program.

LesH

Hello LESH,

Thank you for the update. I live and work in an area with bad reception, will a voicemail be left if we are offered an interview? Secondly, has all the interview offers been noticed or can we expect to get an invitation over the next few days or weeks?

Thanks so much.

Voicemails to contact the school have been left. Applicants are still being contacted.

I have gratefully been invited for an interview! I've tried looking into flights into Visalia however I'm having trouble finding any. Does anyone know which airline flys into Visalia? I do know the campus is very close to the Visalia Municipal Airport. Any suggestions? Thanks in advance!

are all the calls going out at the same time, even though a student may be out of state? I know LESH you said that interviews are being made in order of location and that out of state applicants would be last but are they also the last to receive a phone call regarding an interview as well, or are all the calls being made simultaneously but interview dates are different based on location?

I have gratefully been invited for an interview! I've tried looking into flights into Visalia however I'm having trouble finding any. Does anyone know which airline flys into Visalia? I do know the campus is very close to the Visalia Municipal Airport. Any suggestions? Thanks in advance!

There was a turbo prop out of LAX that files into Visalia. Called Great Lakes airline. Hope you don't mind small commuter flights. Its what most visitors to the program from LA have used. I don't know if they fly out of SD. It cost around $100 if booked early and is an hour flight. Or as mentioned fly into Fresno and drive about 40 miles to Visalia.

You are right the school is about a mile or two away from the airport. The Holiday Inn is right down the street from the airport. Getting to the interview is one of the tests when applying to a rural PA program like ours. You might want to drive in the day before. It would give you a chance to see the southern Central Valley. It would also give you an idea of rural communities we serve and what driving during the clinical year is like. Students spend a lot of time driving the 99 while in the program.

Good luck.

LesH

are all the calls going out at the same time, even though a student may be out of state? I know LESH you said that interviews are being made in order of location and that out of state applicants would be last but are they also the last to receive a phone call regarding an interview as well, or are all the calls being made simultaneously but interview dates are different based on location?

Calls are being made based on the county and state of residence submitted in the application. Out of state applicants are last to receive a phone call. We should start those calls shortly.

I am very curious about how many applicants receive interviews and how many students are accepted to the program.

The last few cycles around 100-150 interviews were offered. We accept up to 24 students per class. There is an alternate list of approximately 10. You will find more info on past post here on the forum.

There was a turbo prop out of LAX that files into Visalia. Called Great Lakes airline. Hope you don't mind small commuter flights. Its what most visitors to the program from LA have used. I don't know if they fly out of SD. It cost around $100 if booked early and is an hour flight. Or as mentioned fly into Fresno and drive about 40 miles to Visalia.

You are right the school is about a mile or two away from the airport. The Holiday Inn is right down the street from the airport. Getting to the interview is one of the tests when applying to a rural PA program like ours. You might want to drive in the day before. It would give you a chance to see the southern Central Valley. It would also give you an idea of rural communities we serve and what driving during the clinical year is like. Students spend a lot of time driving the 99 while in the program.

Good luck.

LesH

Thank you Les! You have made an excellent point. I will plan on driving up the day before since this will give me a better understanding of the commitment into a rural PA program. I've heard that students will be driving back and fourth in poor conditions often so this will definitely be a great test. In additional, I really do need to take advantage of the opportunity to explore southern Central Valley since I do have to consider living there for the next several years. Thanks for the great advice!

Archived