Has anyone heard back for 2013 applications?

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 4 weeks later...

I submitted my application as well! I hope to get a call for the interview. I am very interested in the SJVC PA program and their idea of primary care in underserved communities; I am praying to God for an interview. They are the only school I was interested in and applied to!! I even went to their seminar and it sounded like a great school. I wonder when they start calling applicants for interviews?

• 2 weeks later...

Yes I'm wondering about the interview as well. I'm noticing that around 2/18/12 there's already a list of students for interview on the 2012 cycle students. So I'm wondering if admission adviser have already composite a list of students (2013) for the interview?

I'm rather a little anxious.

Thank you for your interest in the program. No, a list has not been developed yet. We are still reviewing applications. There have been letters sent out, but they were not for an interview. General Chemistry wlab seems to be a problem for applicants. We can only accept Chem as posted on the WEB site or classes above Gen Chem. I know this is a problem considering what is going on in course cutback at the UCs,CSUs and CCs. I'm sorry but our hands are tied on this one. We hope to interview in the near future and will be sending out invitations as soon as we can.

• 2 weeks later...

Hello folks,

We are almost finished with application review. It looks like a 10:1 ratio (applicants/seats). We should start putting the interview list together within the next week. The interview process will start later and most likely last longer than previous admissions cycles. The first interviews should begin by mid March. We will try and interview applicants in the same order as last year till we fill the class: Central Valley applicants first, California second, then outside of California. There are changes to the interview process (questions, panels). Students, staff, faculty, graduates, lead PAs from three rural health networks and one teaching hospital will be interviewing. There may be more than one interview required, which may require call backs. Unfortunately, and I mean this, changes benefit some and hurt others. I really am sorry there is nothing we can do. If you have questions email me at LesH@sjvc.edu.

In closing, I thank you for your interest and support of the program.

LesH

Hello folks,

I know that many are anxious,but poor Michelle and Monica can't answer questions about interviews or schedules at this time. Sorry. Please hold off on calls till March 25.

Thanks.

LesH

Thank You SO Much for staying on the boards and keeping us informed. I felt absolutely horrible calling Michelle last week inquiring about the interview dates and appointments knowing how busy she is (I forgot about this forum). I know I'll most likely get an interview and hopefully admission this year but it's still nerve racking and I'm very excited about moving forward with my career as quickly as possible after the years of effort.

Thanks again,

William E. Chamberlain IV

• 2 weeks later...

Hello Folks,

Thanks for your interest in the SJVC PA program. Calls inviting applicants to interview started going out last Thursday afternoon. There will be approximately 150 offers. The program will conduct two interviews. Panel interview format as previously discussed. Selected candidates will be offered a second interview based on ranking after initial interview. The process will be discussed in greater detail at the time of the interview. The major changes are the number of interviews granted; and medical community, faculty, student, staff interview panel composition.

Interviews will be offered to Central Valley applicants first, California applicants second, then out of state applicants. Interviews will be scheduled for the month of April. Please do not call Michelle or Monica about status at this time. If there is a question about letters that were sent out email me and I will look into the issue. Wait for the call please.

Again thank you for your interest in the SJVC Primary Care PA Program.

LesH

Archived