Productivity bonus structure

I work for a Community Health Center and a couple years ago my institution instituted a incentive bonus program allowing both doctors and PAs to receive $25 per patient over a certain # of patients seen per month. They have since changed this to $20 per patient for financial reasons. I am wondering if anyone has experience with productivity bonuses and how they are structured. I am hoping to find out how this compares to other incentive programs out there for PAs.

Would love to have one, but never got the chance.... From what I have learned - should be a bonus for anything over 2x your annual salary (check out what doc's do in your field - most times they get 45-55% of receipts for themselves with the rest going to overhead)

So if receipts are 300k, you pay and bennies (yup gotta include them) is $110k that means you should get something for the collections from ~$220k to $300k. If you see 100 patients per week (out patient practice) for 44 weeks year that is 4400 patients as year. If you got $5 per patient for all this would be $20k per year or $5k per quarter. Using a threshold I would say over 80/week and get $20/patient, or over 260/month gets $20 per patient.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...

Going to present current employer with option to do ownership or productivity pay as I am looking at ownership is a local clinic but also would not mind staying on as a well paid employee

anyone have a bonus structure they could share for an out patinet IM practice (primary care)

figure based off either # patients seen or collections.....

I am currently in the process of contract renegotiation and they are attempting to change the structure of our productivity bonus. In the past it was 10% collections + net lab revenue – salary; now they are trying to change to:

20% of net profits - office expenses weighed at 80% that of the physician encounters - staff costs at 40% that of the physcian encounters.

This is quite confusing to me, hence why I am wondering if anyone else know how their bonus is calculated.

Thanks.

Archived