PAeasy

• Administrator

No. Don't spend any money on PA Easy. While the online tools look cool, up to 5% of their questions are flat-out wrong, and while they have a "report this question" function, they never fixed a single wrong question or responded to any of my feedback--this is based on first-hand experience going back through the questions I'd gotten "incorrect" months after I'd first encountered the spurious questions in some cases. With only 1200 questions, they are inexcusably unresponsive to their quality issues. Furthermore, the wording of the questions doesn't match up well with the actual PANCE. Packrats were the closest to the actual PANCE of all the study tools I've used.

• 2 weeks later...

I also used PAEasy, haven't gotten my score yet on my exam. However I also found several incorrect questions and sent emails. They are not like the real exam, however nothing I used was. I did take the 2 NCCPA practice exams at $35 a pop to see how I was faring. I think I would do those again. I did Exam Master, Packrats, AAPA Comp Review book's pretest, and read through class notes and wrote notes and read them every night. Even though I haven't gotten my score, I think doing a lot of questions is helpful, especially timing yourself. Sit in a quiet room with no distractions and see how well you can stand it with nothing to drink or eat, etc. Half the battle is staying calm, focused, not letting impossible questions bother you and managing time well. Oh, and the other half of the battle is waiting for your score. I feel suspended in time...

I also used PAEasy, haven't gotten my score yet on my exam. However I also found several incorrect questions and sent emails. They are not like the real exam, however nothing I used was. I did take the 2 NCCPA practice exams at $35 a pop to see how I was faring. I think I would do those again. I did Exam Master, Packrats, AAPA Comp Review book's pretest, and read through class notes and wrote notes and read them every night. Even though I haven't gotten my score, I think doing a lot of questions is helpful, especially timing yourself. Sit in a quiet room with no distractions and see how well you can stand it with nothing to drink or eat, etc. Half the battle is staying calm, focused, not letting impossible questions bother you and managing time well. Oh, and the other half of the battle is waiting for your score. I feel suspended in time...

I wonder if they have the pearson vue "trick" like the NCLEX has. I tried to see if I could register for the PANCE on pearsonvue but it wouldn't let me highlight an exam. Im hoping that's a good sign. Good luck.

I am half way done with Kaplan. Did anyone else do this? I love the questions. They are very USMLE oriented. Please give feedback. I was considering PAEasy but the above feedback doesn't appear very positive. I also did 7 forms of PACKRAT and found them much easier than Kaplan. Is the real exam more challenging like Kaplan or easier like PACKRAT?

• Administrator

I haven't done Kaplan, but the real PANCE was a lot like PACKRAT... with some intentional obfuscation. DO NOT rely on memorizing only "most common" or "most severe", because there were almost no questions of that type on my late-August PANCE. Be prepared for them to use uncommon terms and drugs for no discernable reason: I think I saw every other single ACEI known to man... but never Lisinopril.

I haven't done Kaplan, but the real PANCE was a lot like PACKRAT... with some intentional obfuscation. DO NOT rely on memorizing only "most common" or "most severe", because there were almost no questions of that type on my late-August PANCE. Be prepared for them to use uncommon terms and drugs for no discernable reason: I think I saw every other single ACEI known to man... but never Lisinopril.

Thank you. I am so glad to hear you say that it's more like PACKRAT. I have been only scoring like 68-82% on Kaplan, so disappointing. I got 180 on my PACKRAT first time, and 200 on the second time. I suppose I am "safe" if it's like PACKRAT. I was freaking out on some of the Kaplan questions, they were ridiculously tedious.

If there's anything the PANCE is not, it's "tedious". It may be obscure, maddeningly so at times, but the questions are short, simple, and to the point. ExamMaster questions, for example, were ridiculously longer than real PANCE questions.

True--EM questions are ridiculously long. There was not a single paragraph style question. I also thought Packrat was the closest thing.

You've never seen Lisinopril?

• Administrator
Dude, he was saying he would expect to see the prototype lisinopril but instead saw every other less familiar ACEIs on the exam...

Although actually come to think of it captopril is the prototype ;)

What she said. I think I saw 4 patients on Lisinopril today. I think I've seen 4 patients on non-Lisinopril ACEIs throughout the 2000ish patients I've seen to date.

Archived