Submitting 2013 application

Hi ryu2802,

While you're waiting the official answer from Les, I want to share with you something. The last day to submit your application is end of Jan, 2014. There will be many strong applicants, so I recommend you should finish the public speaking class. You have Summer and Fall to finish. “Two letters of recommendation from individuals knowledgeable of and able to evaluate the applicant’s health care experience must be submitted with the application packet”, so if your professor observed your healthcare work related then go for it. It’s very competitive to get into the interview so you want to have a strong package to submit. Good luck.

Cited: http://www.sjvc.edu/physician-assistant-application-process/

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi ryu2802,

While you're waiting the official answer from Les, I want to share with you something. The last day to submit your application is end of Jan, 2014. There will be many strong applicants, so I recommend you should finish the public speaking class. You have Summer and Fall to finish. “Two letters of recommendation from individuals knowledgeable of and able to evaluate the applicant’s health care experience must be submitted with the application packet”, so if your professor observed your healthcare work related then go for it. It’s very competitive to get into the interview so you want to have a strong package to submit. Good luck.

Hi ryu2802,

Hi Les,

Does both letter of recommendations must come from clinician? can I send one from science professor?

Would that be fine to have submit the application with 1 public speaking in progress?

Thank you

I have notice that the ADCOM members place greater value on recommendations from clinicians. Especially PAs. The program does not accept in progress coursework.

Hi Les,

Does both letter of recommendations must come from clinician? can I send one from science professor?

Would that be fine to have submit the application with 1 public speaking in progress?

Thank you

I have notice that the ADCOM members place greater value on recommendations from clinicians. Especially PAs. The program does not accept in progress coursework.

Hi Les,

Thank you

To Les,

I am waiting to hear back from my 2013 application I've sent in back in Sept 2012. I know the deadline hasn't come yet until end of the month, but approximately when do you think applicants should hear back from SJVC? I am anxious and afraid because I'm not sure if my Biology Seminar course would count as a public speaking course. What should I do? If I have a chance, I will definitely take public speaking during the summer before I enter SJVC. I've also took the GRE and have a decent score on it. Do you suggest I send that in to SJVC to look at during reviewing applications? Thanks for the help.

Because of the high volume of application being process we are trying to get all letters out as quickly as possible. The program requires all prereqisites completed prior to interview. The program does not require or consider GRE scores.

To Les,

I am waiting to hear back from my 2013 application I've sent in back in Sept 2012. I know the deadline hasn't come yet until end of the month, but approximately when do you think applicants should hear back from SJVC? I am anxious and afraid because I'm not sure if my Biology Seminar course would count as a public speaking course. What should I do? If I have a chance, I will definitely take public speaking during the summer before I enter SJVC. I've also took the GRE and have a decent score on it. Do you suggest I send that in to SJVC to look at during reviewing applications? Thanks for the help.

Because of the high volume of application being process we are trying to get all letters out as quickly as possible. The program requires all prereqisites completed prior to interview. The program does not require or consider GRE scores.

To Les,

Hello, I was wondering if any of you from the second interview have received a phone call regarding your acceptance to SJVC' s PA program for this fall yet? My understanding was that phone calls were suppose to go out by end of this week. Anyone?

Hello, I was wondering if any of you from the second interview have received a phone call regarding your acceptance to SJVC' s PA program for this fall yet? My understanding was that phone calls were suppose to go out by end of this week. Anyone?

Per LesH, the class will be selected by May 12th. I haven't heard anything yet, good or bad. At this point it is out of our hands, and I hope to hear something soon.

Per LesH, the class will be selected by May 12th. I haven't heard anything yet, good or bad. At this point it is out of our hands, and I hope to hear something soon.

Although Monica said the class would be picked this week, Les was quick to state it most likely will not be until next week but will most definitely be done by the scholarship deadline on the 12th. Remember, this is the first year they are doing the 2nd interviewing process.

Also, remember who's thread you are posting on. Feel free to message us as we are already keeping each other posted if we get "the call", checking in with each other and the occasional comedic vent. :-)

Good luck!

William

Although Monica said the class would be picked this week, Les was quick to state it most likely will not be until next week but will most definitely be done by the scholarship deadline on the 12th. Remember, this is the first year they are doing the 2nd interviewing process.

Also, remember who's thread you are posting on. Feel free to message us as we are already keeping each other posted if we get "the call", checking in with each other and the occasional comedic vent. :-)

Good luck!

William

Good luck!

William

Here's the deal. Because of the competitiveness of the applicant pool, I am afraid it will take more time than anticipated or previously reported to select the class. We will try and have a final decision before the NHSC deadline, but I’m afraid we can't guarantee that at this point. Sorry. Les

Archived