2012 Application Cycle

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My application was received late June. I'm applying to the dual degree PA/MPH program... anyone else? Waiting for the public health portion of the application to open up in September. I'm assuming we won't hear until after October as stated in the email? Interviews in november/december possibly? That's just my guess.

Hello, I'm applying as well. They emailed me on August 10th and said that they have my CASPA application. They said that once they received my GRE scores, my application would be reviewed. I took the GRE on July 15th and had them sent there the day of. I don't know if they just hadn't matched them up, or what. But I do have a question...what did you guys put for the departmental code? I just put 0634, which is physician assistant. I'm just confused is all, I've tried calling them, but no one has been in for the last week or two. Thanks!

They do not usually send any verification of having received the GRE scores, separate from the first confirmation of having received your application. Interviews are usually late October - mid november, and most people will know about acceptance or rejection by Thanksgiving (atleast this has been their timeline in previous years).

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I got my interview too!!! Does anyone know how long the interview is supposed to go? I'm planning on flying there, but the only flight back to my hometown from New Haven is at 6:30pm...I'm worried if the interview goes until 5 that I may not make that flight...any advice would be helpful!

Okadam,

I called the registration department today to find out about the interview time as well. She said that there are activities planned from 8am to about 4pm so I had to opt out of the earlier flight and go for one at 9pm. She also said that the University will be planning events for the night before the interview, like a dinner with current students and faculty. She said that they will send out additional interview information shortly, but as of now that is all I have! Congrats on the interview! What date did you select?

In the past there was a one-on-one interview with a faculty member and also an interview with a committee of Yale PA graduates (usually 2) and an affiliated physician. They also provide a campus tour, financial aid overview, lunch with current students, a presentation about the program, and require a writing sample (usually 4 ethics based questions).

Archived