Interview invite

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hey everyone, I'm a second-year at USC, and congrats to those of you who have already gotten interviews! To those of you who haven't, I know it's hard, but be as patient as you can be...applying is seriously the worst part of it all :)

Without revealing too much information about the application and interview process, here's the answers to betochavez's questions:

1.) The number of interview sessions held is dependent upon the number of accepted students per interview. That may or may not sound obvious, but the reality is that acceptance is a two-way street, and each interview group is different. The University will extend the acceptance to the student, and the student must also accept by putting down a non-refundable deposit to hold his or her spot. What can happen is that while a student may be accepted and pay the deposit, he or she may also withdraw at any time, thereby opening up another spot. This is not unique to USC from what I understand, and I realize that this answer may not be what you were hoping or looking for, but it is the best answer I can give (again, without revealing too much private information).

2.) Is our interview a rotating group interview? Unless they changed the format, the interview itself is an individual interview. USC's interview process was, by far, the best one I experienced (granted, I only went to one other, but I've heard similar things from lots of other students). Know why it is you want to be a PA and have a clear understanding of why you want to go to USC (how can USC help you to be the PA you want to be). These are not secrets, they are common questions at just about every program. The best advice I can give, though, is to be yourself. Be honest, clear and concise and you'll do fine!

Good luck!

Archived