Admissions Summer 2012

So I have sent in my CASPA and received the email about two or three weeks ago that my application was received, now we wait. So I thought Id start this thread so we can all stay in touch about this years application process. Anyone get interviews yet? or just waiting like me? I hate waiting :(

• Replies 206
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...

CO also! Originally from California tho...east bay bout an hour and a half south of uc Davis. But I think they put more emphasis on CA residents but could be their pool is mostly CA residents. They want to know you understand medically undeserved, which some of CO is so that may help us

• 3 weeks later...

Wrestler,

I hit the submit button for CASPA on 7/31/12. My application was processed/verified/etc on 8/8/12. It was then mailed to my programs on 8/10/12. I spoke to a person at CASPA during that time and she said they start to get slammed around mid August. The processing time goes up pretty dramatically.

Also, one important tidbit: They mail out applications on each Friday. Your application has to be processed and verified by close of business on Wednesday of any given week in order to be sent out the Friday of that same week. For example, if they process and verify your application on Thursday, it will not go out until Friday of the following week.

Good luck!

Hello all! I turned in my application 5/27/12 and got a call for an interview this afternoon! Hopefully you all get interview offers as well. Anyone have any insight on the interview process? What to expect, what to bring, even what to wear?? Any and all advice would be greatly appreciated!

Aobrien, Congratulations on the interview. I received my call yesterday and the email confirmation arrived today. I have been searching and found a post where an MMI format was used for the interview. I am still searching and preparing for anything. The email will tell you what the day will look like...wear a suit! My interview date is 10/3. When is yours?

Hi everyone! I have been snooping around on the forum for a month now. I thought I would join in on the conversation =)

I just recieved my interview invitation a couple of days ago,it was supposed to be for the 11th but I rescheduled to the 23rd. Is anyone else going the 23rd as well?

My STATS: I'm from CA, did my bachelors in Microbiology. My volunteer HCE is at 900 Hours, and my work experience is at 2000 as an EMT.

to BradyG007: honestly it looks very commited that you are applying to out-of-state schools. just consider your motives for choosing CA : whether, maybe you want to eventually raise a family here, or you have family.. ect. just make sure you have other motives for applying in CA other than just to increase you chances =)

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Wrestler133, I also applied to Davis last year and I didn't get an interview. I don't think that they notify you if you don't get an interview, you just don't hear from them which is the worst! But there is still plenty of time for you to get a call! Good luck and hang in there!

Hi Wrestler133, I also applied to Davis last year and I didn't get an interview. I don't think that they notify you if you don't get an interview, you just don't hear from them which is the worst! But there is still plenty of time for you to get a call! Good luck and hang in there!

I submitted my CASPA on 8/30 and it was mailed out to UC Davis on 9/21. The people at Davis said as long as I submitted my CASPA by 9/1 they said I'd be fine in terms of 'meeting the deadline' even if it got mailed out later. Do you know how long the interviews go to? like if they go until December or something for those who submitted it closer to the deadline? thanks

Archived