Michigan PA programs

Guest brightness

I am applying to all programs in Michigan.

I have been stearing clear of UDM's program because of cost, however, do many find it easier since they may get less applicants?

Also, does anyone know off top of head whether or not UDM requires GRE? I know that WMU doesn't require it but they do not accept human physiology or pathophysiology from CMU as transfer credit (pretty weird of them) so I probably wont be able to apply to Western Michigan's program. That leaves Eastern, GVSU, Univ of Toledo, and CMU.

Anyone have any insight on Nutrition majors? I am a current Registered Dietitian. I was wondering whether or not to include all of my nutrition major courses under the "other science" tab in CASPA?

IIRC, UDM said at an informational meeting that they received about 700 applications for the class that starts this August. For the class entering 2012, the average cumulative undergraduate grade point average was 3.43. The average Graduate Record Exam score was 1226/306. I have no idea how that stacks up compared to other Michigan schools. They do require the GRE unless you already have a graduate degree from an accredited university.

IIRC, UDM said at an informational meeting that they received about 700 applications for the class that starts this August. For the class entering 2012, the average cumulative undergraduate grade point average was 3.43. The average Graduate Record Exam score was 1226/306. I have no idea how that stacks up compared to other Michigan schools. They do require the GRE unless you already have a graduate degree from an accredited university.

• 4 months later...

I am currently going to Central Michigan University in Mount Pleasant Michigan and getting a degree in Biomedical Sciences. I am probably going to try and stay in Michigan for my MS degree; I am wondering if there are opinions about the programs at Wayne State, Central Mich., Western Mich., and finally, Detroit Mercy. These would be the top choices for me so I can stay in Michigan; however, I am open to other suggestions for good programs. I'm not interested in big names but I want a quality education. Affordablilty is not a big issue for me; I am poor but before I was considering going to medical school so 2 1/2 years of debt is no biggie

Don't forget about GVSU. From my understanding, they have quite the quality program.

Archived