Passed PANRE... study recommendations

Took PANRE last week and got the results... PASS.

I'm in a specialty which encompasses about 6% of the PANRE so had to get back into all the other topics that weighed heavily on the exam, specifically Cardio and Pulmonary. I do much better studying on my own and came across the computer lectures from UMDNJ. For me, that was the best study tool I used to get me through the exam. I particularly liked that I could watch it when I wanted, go back and review lectures, pause the lecture if I wanted to look something up and clarify, and fast forward through areas I felt very comfortable with. For previous re-cert, I've been to the traditional sit down, five day, all day lectures and I would say this material is identical, but 1/3 the cost. The actual program is cheaper, plus no hotel cost, no plane, meals, etc... I can't recommend this course enough and glad to have that behind me again for another six years!

Disclaimer: NO, I am not on staff/faculty with UMDNJ, not one of the lecturers, etc... simply, I have NO personal gain financially or otherwise. I just really believe it made the different in me passing my PANRE

CME resources offers essentially the same program, but only as a live lecture and not something you can view over the internet like with the UMDNJ. The UMDNJ course is also offered live, but personally, after having done the online course and previously attended the live version, I will never attend the live lecture again. Agreed $350 is not nothing, but compared with the $825 for the live conference, plus airfare and hotel if it doesn't happen to be in an area close to you.... add in food, transportation, etc... you could be looking at close to $2,000 for that week as opposed to staying at home and doing the online course for $350. Again, having done both, the online (at least for me) was by far the better deal especially since it was virtually the same material and phenomenal lecturers aside the other obvious advantages such as re-watching the lecture as many times as you want; pausing when you want to take a break, skipping portions you are most comfortable with. Good luck!

Archived