Ask a PA Admissions Director

Hello, I plan on applying for the next coming term. I am concerned about my background check. I was charged with a felony back in 2017 for marijuana. It was one charge over 20 grams in the state of Florida. I was put on probation but the charge was withheld adjudicated. I then got the charge sealed (not expunged, sealed). So overall, I was not convicted of a felony. 

Will this affect my application at all? THANK YOU!!

• 2 weeks later...

Hello I have a quick question. I applied for the 2021 cycle. I have been accepted into a program and had an additional interview. I have two additional interviews coming up in next two months that list genetics as recommended but not required. I listed genetics as in progress on caspa app. I am registered at my community college for genetics for fall 2021 semester. My work situation has changed recently and I am no longer able to attend that class at the time. I am looking into a self paced online courses at UNE. If got into either of the schools that listed genetics as recommended, could they revoke my acceptance if I did not take genetics as i had originally planned? If so, is UNE a good option. Thank you in advance. 

• 5 months later...

Hi I am an applicant for the 2022 cycle. I would like to know what are my chances to get into a PA program, since I have applied to 10+ programs, but I have heard anything back. I think it is due to my poor performance during my freshman and sophomore year. cGPA is 3.1, sGPA<3.0. General chemistry I and II are both C-. Organic chemistry are all C. My human anatomy and physiology courses are all A. I work as an MA in clinics for 4 years and logged more than 2000 hours of direct patient care. I have a recommendation letter from an MD, an NP, my supervisor, 2 professors from A&P. I have been rejected by quite a few and still waiting for the rest. No interviews yet. Can you advise me what should I do?

• 3 months later...

Hi everyone!!

I am a current PA student at Loma Linda! We are hosting a Pre-PA conference on Sunday June 26th, from 9am-4pm. I have attached the flyer below. We would love it for those of you who are interested to join us! Please feel free to email me if you have any questions or concerns! 

Alli Bledsoe 

allibledsoe3@gmail.com 

Pre-PA Conference Flyer .jpg