Emergency Medicine Jobs in Nashville Area

Hello All..

I am new to the forum. I work in EM in Florida and am looking to relocated to the Nashville area. I am looking to establish some professional contacts in the area. I am most interested in practice climate for PAs and salary. Please contact me if you can share any information. Thank you.

Sincerely,

Shawn

• 9 months later...
  • 1 year later...

Hi Troy, I was searching some info on Nashville EM jobs and I found this old post. Are you still around and could you maybe give some info about the EM job market around Nashville?

How receptive are the hospitals around there to PAs in the ED and what are salaries like? Any info would be great!

-Andy

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I work in EM in Nashville as well. I'd agree with Troy. I was working for a small independent EM staffing company which I loved but EmCare recently got our contract as well as most of the last remaining independent groups in the area. Vanderbilt is its own, of course, and as Troy mentioned mostly uses NPs. St Thomas has two hospitals in Nashville but last I heard they do their own staffing and don't use midlevels in the ED. Williamson is in Franklin and still has a contract with a small group and is PA friendly. I'd be happy to answer any questions you may have

• 1 month later...

It seems like EMcare and TeamHealth really dominate the entire state of Tennessee. Is that the case? I really want to find a job in either Nashville, Knoxville or Chattanooga, but the idea of working for one of the nationwide groups worries me a little. It seems like they often tend to minimize the role of the PA or relegate us to fast track and triage...

Also, how would you say PAs are treated overall in Tennessee? I'm from Georgia originally and went to school in Kentucky. Kentucky was not particularly PA friendly, but it is improving. I get the sense that Tennessee may be a similar situation.

• 11 months later...

Archived