Class of 2014!

Well as some if us now know who well be students of the graduating class of 2014, I am starting this thread for anyone to post not only that they have received an acceptance letter for the program but also to utilize this thread to ask any questions pertaining to the PA program as well as to post any information that you know or have been told about the program.

A few topics may include when we need to accomplish certain tasks required of the program, such as the requirements which need to be met before the program starts, any books or equipment we are going to need & where you got them/how much they cost, and anything you are doing to help prepare yourself for the program to start.

ALSO REMEMBER, AS STATED IN THE ACCEPTANCE LETTER..REMEMBER TO SEND IN YOUR LETTER OF INTENT BY I BELIEVE APRIL 18TH OR YOUR SPOT IN THE PROGRAM WILL BE GIVEN TO THE NEXT CANDIDATE DOWN THE LINE!

Anything else anyone can think of, please feel free to utilize this thread for anything & everything pertaining to the program.

Go class of 2014!!!!

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi everyone, my name is Mindy and i got my acceptance letter yesterday. i'm looking forward to meeting y'all and working with you over the next 2 years. does anyone know if we can turn in our letter of intent in person to the office? I know it says to mail the letter to the office, but I'm wondering if we can hand it in in person, just to be sure it doesn't get lost in the mail for some reason. yes, i'm paranoid, after all these months of anxiety :smile:

Nice to meet you mindy (well I guess if this counts as meeting). Congrats on your acceptance. I would send it by mail as it specifically says to. I messer copies of mine just in case & mailed it yesterday. You could call & ask if you can get ahold of someone. I know they are usually very busy.

Congratulations everybody! Oh, we have a new director, Rosslyn Byous. She will officially take over when Dr. Middleton leaves, around the first of May. I don't know a lot about her yet; she came by to meet us just today. She was at USC and Drew previously.

Our class will arrange some kind of get together with your class sometime this summer.... likely a Saturday or Sunday afternoon... it will give you the chance to ask us any questions, etc.

I was told there were over 200 for my class.... not sure if that is the number before they toss out the disqualified ones or afterward (application mistakes, etc). Our class had #40 students (I think there was a grant to accept more than other years) ... only 38 showed up the first day of class. A few alternates were notified with pretty short notice. I think we lost a couple within a day or two, and brought in a couple. Anyway, we are at #27 now.

Congratulations to all who are now anxiously waiting to start PA school! I just wanted to put the word out that I am currently shopping for a 3 or 4 bedroom house within walking distance to our campus. My goal is to find a couple roommates who are looking to avoid wasting precious time commuting. My parents live 20-25 min away but from talking to other students, it sounds like the closer to campus you live, the easier these next two years will be. Plus, I never got to experience the whole dorm/ roommate life style in college so here is the opportunity. We can host study groups, plus just review over breakfast, lunch and dinner!!! Let me know if you are interested so we can get to know each other before we have to live together ;-)

Just a reminder to those of you out there, remember this is a forum that anyone can join so be careful when giving out any personal information. Especially those of you looking to rent rooms/share houses. Even if its in a pm, none of us know each other or have met anyone so I personally would not give any other information to anyone here except first name, sex (iffy), & price of house/location. Even in a private message! Sorry, I read something about scanners who post on forums & "get to know you" them start asking for name, phone number, email, etc.. And it can be for something as simple as getting your name & contact info for telemarketing, or worse.. So be careful, hope you all enjoy your remaining few months off before we start our program & our social lives go down the drain.. :sweat:

Archived