How many HCE hours did you have at time of application?

Hey guys,

I was just curious about how many paid Health Care Experience hours, anyone who is willing to share, had at the time of application?

Between 2 different employers and working in 3 different offices (my current employer has satellite offices we travel to in riverside, pomona & downey every week) I myself had 4500 hours plus 2 days out of the month I go with my current employer & another spine surgeon and his PA and I get to gown up & be in the surgeries which gave me about another 250 hours of experience. So total is about 4750 hours.

Anyone else care to share so we can get an idea of what competition is like?

Wow, that is a lot of HCE hours. What reason did you receive for being denied last year, and did you do anything to improve your current application this year? Also, if you don't mind me asking, what kind of gpa scores do you have in the 3 categories? (i understand if choose not to answer the gpa question)

Bike Mike or Pam, or anyone with knowledge on this question,

How do the tiers work? What is the criteria for making it into tiers 1, 2, 3, etc.. And how do they make their selections/how many people are selected from each tier?

I haven't the slightest idea, honestly. I just know if you meet the minimum you go into a pool, but beyond that I don't know.

How do the tiers work? What is the criteria for making it into tiers 1, 2, 3, etc.. And how do they make their selections/how many people are selected from each tier?

Highest probabilityof acceptance goes to those who are current RCC tudents (tier 1), then preference goes to those who live in Riverside county(tier 2), and the third tier are the rest of us who live anywhere else in CA.

Highest probabilityof acceptance goes to those who are current RCC tudents (tier 1), then preference goes to those who live in Riverside county(tier 2), and the third tier are the rest of us who live anywhere else in CA.

Ok this is where I get confused. Now say they have a tier 1 vs tier 2 or 3. Now obviously they would choose tier 1 over 2 or 3 if they all had equal qualifications. But where I get lost is trying to understand what they would do if say a tier 1 with above minimum qualifications vs tier 2 or 3 which have say more HCE or better GPA in one category or all 3 categories. Where would they draw the line & say this tier 3 applicant is accepted over the tier 1. Or do they just accept most or all tier 1 that qualify then move to tier 2 then 3 until they fill up the spots. I know the RCC PA program is all about supporting & improving the local community & Riverside county. I guess wert will find out soon enough.

Ok this is where I get confused. Now say they have a tier 1 vs tier 2 or 3. Now obviously they would choose tier 1 over 2 or 3 if they all had equal qualifications. But where I get lost is trying to understand what they would do if say a tier 1 with above minimum qualifications vs tier 2 or 3 which have say more HCE or better GPA in one category or all 3 categories. Where would they draw the line & say this tier 3 applicant is accepted over the tier 1. Or do they just accept most or all tier 1 that qualify then move to tier 2 then 3 until they fill up the spots. I know the RCC PA program is all about supporting & improving the local community & Riverside county. I guess wert will find out soon enough.

Here is a link to download policy 5055 from the board of trustees website which explains " Priority enrollment" for a program in which "[all] sudents satisfy admission criteria to over-subscribed programs". It does not however explain how they decide to accept or reject an applicationn from one tier over another.

http://www.rccd.edu/administration/board/New%20Board%20Policies/5055BPAP.pdf

Here is a link to download policy 5055 from the board of trustees website which explains " Priority enrollment" for a program in which "[all] sudents satisfy admission criteria to over-subscribed programs". It does not however explain how they decide to accept or reject an applicationn from one tier over another.

http://www.rccd.edu/administration/board/New%20Board%20Policies/5055BPAP.pdf

I realize this is all speculation, as we can't possibly know many of the minute details of the selection process. But I have a question for the forum:

If you attended community college and acquired pre-requisites in Riverside County, but not at RCC, are you still tier 2? Is there evidence for a tier 1.5 preference for the in-betweeners like myself?

Other details at time of application:

*Riverside County resident

*3.8 overall GPA

*4.0 science GPA

*approximately 8000 HCE hours

I'd hate to think that if I had moved 40 minutes west and attended RCC rather than College of the Desert, I'd have a significantly better chance.

But, if so, that's life. I find I have to remind myself of that, when I begin kicking myself.

Anyway, I know we're all in suspense, here. How is everybody coping as we wind down to the moment of truth?

I realize this is all speculation, as we can't possibly know many of the minute details of the selection process. But I have a question for the forum:

If you attended community college and acquired pre-requisites in Riverside County, but not at RCC, are you still tier 2? Is there evidence for a tier 1.5 preference for the in-betweeners like myself?

Other details at time of application:

*Riverside County resident

*3.8 overall GPA

*4.0 science GPA

*approximately 8000 HCE hours

I'd hate to think that if I had moved 40 minutes west and attended RCC rather than College of the Desert, I'd have a significantly better chance.

But, if so, that's life. I find I have to remind myself of that, when I begin kicking myself.

Anyway, I know we're all in suspense, here. How is everybody coping as we wind down to the moment of truth?

Dustin,

Sorry I forgot to post the link last night but it's in my last post now. I don't know how many tiers there are or if what is on this pdf link represents the tiers but #3 priority goes to those students from another community college in riverside county "which do not offer similar courses or programs" ie PA program.

Dustin,

Sorry I forgot to post the link last night but it's in my last post now. I don't know how many tiers there are or if what is on this pdf link represents the tiers but #3 priority goes to those students from another community college in riverside county "which do not offer similar courses or programs" ie PA program.

• 1 year later...
  • 2 months later...

So, living close to school is a factor? Wow, that's different. I was a combat medic in the Navy for five years and have been a respiratory therapist for the last five; that's a lot of hands on experience over 50,000. I live in Florida currently and was thinking of applying to this school along with some others out there. But with all this talk of tiers it's doing a number on me.

Archived