TEXAS: Hardin-Simmons University 2017-2018 cycle

• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Congrats! I applied here as well. Hoping to receive an interview! I interviewed at Hardin Simmons last cycle and was waitlisted :/ 

Thank you! What was the interview like? I hope you hear something soon. I heard last year was much more delayed since they were brand new

Thank you! What was the interview like? I hope you hear something soon. I heard last year was much more delayed since they were brand new

It was very laid back. 2 one on one interviews and 1 group interview. Yes they didn't start interviews until December last year. 

Guest kennypowers

I didn't realize the emotional toll it would take seeing others get interviews, haha. Has anyone received an invite that's out of state?

1 hour ago, kennypowers said:

I didn't realize the emotional toll it would take seeing others get interviews, haha. Has anyone received an invite that's out of state?

Same. I'm even more disappointed because I got an interview last cycle and was in the top 10 on the waitlist out of supposedly over 100 people...sigh. 

Guest kennypowers
12 minutes ago, ms225 said:

Same. I'm even more disappointed because I got an interview last cycle and was in the top 10 on the waitlist out of supposedly over 100 people...sigh. 

I think you have a great chance, then! They saw something in you before and you can only be better at this point :) Keep the faith, my friend. I'm trying to!

Keep your heads up guys! It's still early in the cycle and most schools won't even be sending out interview invites for another month. I submitted my app on the 4th of June to give y'all a timeline. Stay confident in yourselves... there are a lot of schools to hear back from still!

1 hour ago, futuretxpa said:

Keep your heads up guys! It's still early in the cycle and most schools won't even be sending out interview invites for another month. I submitted my app on the 4th of June to give y'all a timeline. Stay confident in yourselves... there are a lot of schools to hear back from still!

I submitted mine on May 5th and still haven't heard anything ): Would you mind sharing your stats?

17 minutes ago, ms225 said:

I submitted mine on May 5th and still haven't heard anything ): Would you mind sharing your stats?

No not at all! But I will say that comparing myself with others has really negatively affected me in the past... so I don't mind sharing but remember that PA schools can be odd... they will accept the ones you'd least expect and reject the ones you thought had it. And I mean all of this in a positive way too... remember that you are a great applicant, especially if you got interviews last year!

GPA: 3.45, sGPA: 3.28, Experience: officer in a fundraising organization, 2000 HCE as a pharmacy technician, 1200 PCE as an EMT for a 911 ambulance service GRE: Q- 155, V- 149, Shadowing: Around 35 hours with a PA, 60 hours with a physician, Volunteering: ~200 hours in on-campus organizations. Those are the basics of my app but I had some other things that filled in my app as a whole. I also worked extremely hard on my PS

On 6/30/2017 at 10:20 AM, futuretxpa said:

I wonder how many people are being interviewed each day? Does anyone happen to know? It sounds like they're doing a lot in July.

Last year they interviewed about 20-30 per a session. I am unsure if they are planning to do the same thing this time around. 

On 6/29/2017 at 4:14 PM, futuretxpa said:

Was your application under review by June 4th? Just curious to see how long it took you to get an interview date.

Archived