What are my chances?

I am really hoping to get admitted to OU OKC, Tulsa as the next best option. I have a lot of things that are anchoring me down around Norman, OK. 

I know these chances posts are kind of dumb but it is hard to look at yourself objectively. 

These are my stats:

Major: Psychology

GPA: 3.67

SGPA: 3.5

Last 60 GPA: 3.95

Direct Patient Care Hours: 2200 as a PT Tech (doing ultrasounds, e-stim, traction etc..)

Volunteer Hours: Maybe about 50-100 during my time as a student athlete but I am not sure how I would back that up? Did a few mission trips in high school but I don't know if that would be dumb to mention?

I will be considered an Oklahoma resident by application time. 

I also took some prerequisites only a few at a time so I could work and I am nervous that will look bad. 

I feel as though I am average in all my stats and don't have a standout area. I can take criticism you do not have to sugarcoat anything. 

I would definitely try to get some recent volunteer hours. Your other stats are about average (which isn't necessarily bad!) You need to look good enough on paper to get an interview. Once you get that, then you can focus on selling yourself in person. If you're an Oklahoma resident I believe you automatically get an interview if you meet the minimum requirements but I'm not entirely sure. I know that the program really focuses on diverse students with different backgrounds and life experiences, so perfect grades aren't everything. Have you applied before? Have you been to an advisement session? Have you shadowed a student? Those are big things they look at when you submit your application.

• 1 month later...

I agree with the previous poster. Your stats should be good enough to get you in the door. Just be confident and make yourself stand out! Definitely attend an advisement session, shadow a student, and shadow PAs (shoot for 100+ hours in all different areas!). And don't give up, they like reapplicants!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• 11 months later...

Recently graduated from this program.  You don't want to come here unless you have no other choice.  Administration is on a power trip and will be the downfall of this program.  They just can't get their shit together and treat their students like infants.  Try to find a program with administration and faculty that empower you to learn and be the best practitioner you can be.

Archived