• Created
  • Last Reply

Do you guys mind sharing your stats? 

Cumulative Undergrad. GPA: 3.57

Science Undergrad. GPA: 3.62

Age at application time : 22

GRE: V 159 Q 159 W 4.0

Direct Patient Care : 1250 Scribe for a private practice and for the ER

Other: 400 volunteering in a clinic in costa rica, 1000 helping the homeless for a club at my school  

I'm wondering at what point I should consider myself silently rejected. I submitted on the night of June 15th, think I got a confirmation email Friday afternoon the next day, maybe Saturday morning. Haven't heard much since then, and I'm pretty sure all the other schools that I applied to who review before sending secondaries have all responded in some way. Would you guys who have received secondaries mind mentioning when you submitted? 

On 6/27/2017 at 10:41 PM, LeQuack said:

I'm wondering at what point I should consider myself silently rejected. I submitted on the night of June 15th, think I got a confirmation email Friday afternoon the next day, maybe Saturday morning. Haven't heard much since then, and I'm pretty sure all the other schools that I applied to who review before sending secondaries have all responded in some way. Would you guys who have received secondaries mind mentioning when you submitted? 

I wouldn't worry about it too much for now. I applied last year super early on (maybe the first week in May after it opened) and didn't hear anything between the confirmation e-mail and reception of the secondary via snail mail. Not only that, but people that submitted after me had received interview invites before I even received a secondary.

On June 27, 2017 at 10:41 PM, LeQuack said:

Hi, my CASPA application verified on June 12th. On June 16th, I received an email from Cornell saying they had received my application, but I haven't heard anything since, and I haven't received an invitation to complete a secondary application. I listed my stats below

Overall GPA: 3.84

Overall Science GPA: 3.87

GRE: Verbal/152 (55%) Quant/162 (82%) Writing/4.5(82%)

Have you gotten a supplemental invite yet?

22 hours ago, NEQuadrant said:

I wouldn't worry about it too much for now. I applied last year super early on (maybe the first week in May after it opened) and didn't hear anything between the confirmation e-mail and reception of the secondary via snail mail. Not only that, but people that submitted after me had received interview invites before I even received a secondary.

Thanks for the feedback. I guess I'll try and forget about it.

7 hours ago, medlabscientist said:

Hi, my CASPA application verified on June 12th. On June 16th, I received an email from Cornell saying they had received my application, but I haven't heard anything since, and I haven't received an invitation to complete a secondary application. I listed my stats below

Overall GPA: 3.84

Overall Science GPA: 3.87

GRE: Verbal/152 (55%) Quant/162 (82%) Writing/4.5(82%)

Have you gotten a supplemental invite yet?

Nope. Haven't heard back from them since I applied mid June. 

On 6/27/2017 at 7:41 PM, LeQuack said:

I also haven't heard anything since the confirmation email, which is a bummer because I thought I was competitive enough to at least receive a secondary! Looking at past years it looks like some applicants didn't receive secondaries until August. Maybe there's hope?

7 hours ago, alex3141 said:

I also haven't heard anything since the confirmation email, which is a bummer because I thought I was competitive enough to at least receive a secondary! Looking at past years it looks like some applicants didn't receive secondaries until August. Maybe there's hope?

Yeah, maybe. I'd prefer a quick rejection to getting my hopes up, and having this whole thing prolonged. NYC is such a great location too lol.

On 6/17/2017 at 8:06 PM, tcm123 said:

Me too, hopefully we get some interview offers soon! 

For those who have received a secondary did you just receive it through snail mail or did they email you too? If so did you receive it in the actual mail first or email? Thanks and good luck guys!

58 minutes ago, tx329 said:

For those who have received a secondary did you just receive it through snail mail or did they email you too? If so did you receive it in the actual mail first or email? Thanks and good luck guys!

I got an email w/ an attachment saying to print out the secondary app and to mail it back in handwritten 

Archived