I just submitted my CASPA application.

2nd time applying with CASPA

Here are some schools I've applied to:

Dominican university of California

Charles drew university

Loma Linda

Western university

Stanford

May I ask, how are the interviews like? What do they ask? I know they try to get to know you, but I've never done an interview like this before and I don't know how to practice. Some advice would deeply appreciated !

Thank you

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

There's really no particular way to study for an interview, but they will ask you why you want to be a PA? Know why you really wanna be a provider, and before you interview look up the schools mission statement, and touch on how you plan on fitting into the schools mission. Plan on answering how you plan on handling the rigorous program. They asked me questions I never thought they would ask me such as politics in healthcare, and how you would deal with/come back from failing an exam and what you would do better for the next one.

There's really no particular way to study for an interview, but they will ask you why you want to be a PA? Know why you really wanna be a provider, and before you interview look up the schools mission statement, and touch on how you plan on fitting into the schools mission. Plan on answering how you plan on handling the rigorous program. They asked me questions I never thought they would ask me such as politics in healthcare, and how you would deal with/come back from failing an exam and what you would do better for the next one.

Thank you so so much!

I highly recommend purchasing the book "How to 'Ace' the Physician Assistant School Interview"! It will answer a lot of your questions! Just looked it up on Amazon and it currently runs for about $26 new.

I practiced doing mock interviews with friends who were currently in PA school and also with practicing PA's. This was extremely helpful!

I've interviewed at both Western and Loma Linda out of that list...two completely different interview styles. I cannot disclose any specifics, but Western is comprised of MMI (multiple mini interview) style: 4 different questions, 4 different rooms, and 4 different opportunities to show them who you are! Then it's all over in about 20 minutes haha Loma Linda was the longest interview day I ever experienced (in a good way). I really felt like they truly got to know me. It was comprised of two group style interviews, one that included an activity, and then a one-on-one.

Then lastly, just as others have stated, looking up each of the school's mission statement and their history.

Good luck!

Don't forget to pick up a medical school interview book. Understanding what MD's and DO's do is essential to any PA interview. Many of the same ethical questions in PA interview books are rip-offs of med school interview questions. Many PA schools have medical school faculty sit on their panels since PA schools are housed within the School of Medicine. 

• 2 weeks later...

Archived