Books to prepare for PA school

^^Amen. Your undergrad and patient care experiences were already your preparation for PA school. 

If I would have tried to study anything right before starting PA school, I don't think it would have helped at all. If you have to spend your time doing something other than relaxing and spending time with family/friends, work and make as much money as you possibly can while it lasts.

I don't think it hurts to brush up on your med terms a little bit. If you didn't take Greek or Latin in your undergrad, give it a go. Nothing too serious - just familiarize yourself with word parts and roots. There's a world of information that can be gleaned simply by knowing word parts.

But otherwise, don't do any other prepping unless you have a legitimate casual interest in pathophysiology or something. 

Brush up on medical terminology if you're not fluent in the language of Medicalese. Otherwise, just relax and recharge your batteries. There isn't much prep you can do that will be of much benefit. You really have to be completely submerged in the material and follow the timeline format the program intends for you to learn with.

If you're dead set on reading something and becoming the first PA student to ever successfully pre-study for PA school , check out the Made Ridiculously Simple series (pharmacology, microbiology, anatomy, pathology). Any of the books are a good, quick read with some mnemonics that I found helpful when I was a PA student.

Brush up on medical terminology if you're not fluent in the language of Medicalese. Otherwise, just relax and recharge your batteries. There isn't much prep you can do that will be of much benefit. You really have to be completely submerged in the material and follow the timeline format the program intends for you to learn with.

If you're dead set on reading something and becoming the first PA student to ever successfully pre-study for PA school , check out the Made Ridiculously Simple series (pharmacology, microbiology, anatomy, pathology). Any of the books are a good, quick read with some mnemonics that I found helpful when I was a PA student.

I second the "Made Ridiculously Simple" series. I really enjoyed the clinical pathophysiology one and I think it provides a nice, manageable introduction to a subject a lot of people won't have any real exposure to from undergrad. 

Archived