ROSH review scores Vs PANCE score

Hello,

My PANCE is scheduled in one month. I've been studying mostly from PANCE Prep Pearls and ROSH review, but also using PAEasy and  "A Comprehensive Review for the Certification and Recertification Examinations for Physician Assistants."

I was wondering what people were scoring on ROSH review compared to their PANCE score.

Currently I am scoring between 60-80. Usually in high 60s to mid 70s.

Thank you.

I was scoring the same as you on Rosh and I pass with a good margin. But my main materials were Rosh, PrepU, DynaMed Plus, PPP and his question book. Had 180 on PACKRAT at the end of clinical, predicted PANCE was 500, actually did better than predicted. Study for two intense weeks before the PANCE. Took it a week after graduation. The PANCE will be like nothing you've seen before but it's easier than I had imagined and that would caught you off guard. Just study and do as much questions as you possibly can. I did a total of 4500 questions. Just know it's just a test.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

I was scoring the same as you on Rosh and I pass with a good margin. But my main materials were Rosh, PrepU, DynaMed Plus, PPP and his question book. Had 180 on PACKRAT at the end of clinical, predicted PANCE was 500, actually did better than predicted. Study for two intense weeks before the PANCE. Took it a week after graduation. The PANCE will be like nothing you've seen before but it's easier than I had imagined and that would caught you off guard. Just study and do as much questions as you possibly can. I did a total of 4500 questions. Just know it's just a test.

Thanks for the feedback! And congratulations for doing so well!

My packrat was not as high, I got a 153. It is still predicting a passing score though. 

Which of those test question resources would you recommend the most?

Thanks for the feedback! And congratulations for doing so well!

My packrat was not as high, I got a 153. It is still predicting a passing score though.

Which of those test question resources would you recommend the most?

Honestly I think PrepU is more complete than Rosh review, though easier than Rosh. Downside of PrepU is the interface and limitations of 20 questions max, no time test. Rosh was trickier than the PANCE and had some mistakes in there too. I finished 65 % of Rosh, didn't like it that much. Spent most of my time of PrepU until it expired then went with Rosh. But that's my preference, your opinion may differ.

And for Review, I used PPP and DynaMed Plus. I've been using DynaMed Plus for the last 2 yrs, I know how to navigate it when looking for information. It's a great companion to PPP. Better than UTD in my opinion.

Just continue doing what you are doing. You did pretty well in the PACKRAT.

First thing is that you been studying for this exam for the past few years. The next month until the exam you're​ not learning anything new that will help for the test. I agree with the above poster that the exam will be easier than expected, but it is still a very comprehensive exam. A few weeks before the exam I went through​ all of PAeasy and it refreshed my memory on a lot of the "most commons" which I saw a ton of on my test. I also used Rosh but felt a lot of rosh questions were more comprehensive and took longer. IMHO, at this point whatever you do try to do as many as you can as fast as you can just as a refresher. Oh yeah and try not to panic!

Sent from my SM-N910P using Tapatalk

I used Rosh Review, PANCE Prep Pearls, and did a CME4Life board review.  I also had PrepU but wasn't a huge fan of it.  I actually finished all of the Rosh Review questions and my final percentage correct was about 70%.  I passed the PANCE by a decent margin and had a similar PACKRAT score to you.  

As other posters stated, it depends on what you like as I much preferred RoshReview over PrepU and another user felt the exact opposite.  Either way, I think the best thing is to just pick one question back, one book, and one board review and stick with that.  I had classmates that studied using three-four different blueprint type review books with two-three question banks and they got kind of overwhelmed because some of the books would have slightly different answers and they would get really frustrated and anxious seeing a disparity.  

• 2 months later...

How did you end up doing? Taking mine in a few weeks weeks. 

On 5/26/2017 at 10:30 AM, PA new grad said:

Hello,

My PANCE is scheduled in one month. I've been studying mostly from PANCE Prep Pearls and ROSH review, but also using PAEasy and  "A Comprehensive Review for the Certification and Recertification Examinations for Physician Assistants."

I was wondering what people were scoring on ROSH review compared to their PANCE score.

Currently I am scoring between 60-80. Usually in high 60s to mid 70s.

Thank you.

I used PPP, Kaplan and Rosh Q banks.  Studied for two weeks after the exam, would read an entire section through PPP (Cardio), then answer all of the cardiology specific questions on Rosh and Kaplan.  Spent one full day on Cardio, Pulm, GI, MSK, OB/GYN, and half days on the others.  Just do a ton of practice questions and you will be fine! And Please for your own sanity take time off during studying.  It's good to refresh yourself on these topics you haven't seen in clinicals often.  

I think the test mostly resembles what Rosh asks, Kaplan can be pretty indept and crazy (especially on their infectious disease).  Just know that it is a 96% pass rate for first time test takers and if you have been passing your classes throughout school and studying during clinicals for EORs that you will be fine! Everyone leaves the exam with some amount of uncertainty, but you'll be fine! Good luck to you!  

1st Packrat: 154

2nd Packrat: 196 

Archived