RVUs

I am on the verge of changing employer systems. I have worked on pure collections for a number of years. The new systems are talking RVUs. As you know RVUs can be complicated to calculate. I know a neurologist (national average) is paid about 60.11 per wRVU. Any PAs work on pure RVU and if so, what $ per RVU? I have done on the forum a search for RVUs and it came up empty. But I thought we had discussed this before.

• 6 months later...
  • 11 months later...

It varies. I think it would be easiest to first find out how much each procedure was worth (billed at as well as reimbursed at), and how many RVUs each one was worth. Then find the breakdown of work RVUs (as there are others in there that do not apply to what you did), and use the cost/CPT to calculate what you are bringing in. 

I purchased PA data points from AMGA)(not MGMA) annual survey this year and it shows the median Neuro PA salary at $103,569, wRVU at 1901 with net collections $156,649. For the 80th percentile here are those numbers, salary $124,669, wRVU 2386 and net collections $314,435. Hope that helps!

Archived