Flashcards

Hello. I'll be starting didactic in less than 3 weeks and I'm curious as to which flash card method PA students recommend? On medical forums I see a lot of Bro's Anki cards but I think that's overkill for PA. Do PA students prefer to make their own through quizlet? Any feedback is appreciated!

My class had a designated flash card maker for quizlet.. but at some points I would make flash cards during lectures myself. It was an easy way to take notes and have a study material for later on. You'll of course find general flash cards that are pretty relatable.. but PA school can be just like college.. you study for the test and how the professor wants to make the test.. you learn the full information separately and in time.

I use notecards and make my own flashcards. Quizlet and typing information in general for me doesn't make things stick. Writing it out works for me. In general I make my notecards based off the powerpoint slides but I try my best to put everything from each slide in my own words to put onto the flashcard instead of just copying the info word for word. This makes the information more meaningful to me so that I can actually learn it and minimize straight memorization (but sometimes you can't escape memorization).

A lot of my classmates use quizlet and share their quizlets with everyone but that is not a method that works well for me. In my opinion, making the flashcard is beneficial so using quizlets or study guides that someone else made doesn't work.

Archived