VIRGINIA: South University - Richmond 2017-2018 cycle

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...

Hey all!

I'm a current PA student at South University and I would be happy to answer any questions you all may have. Congratulations on getting interviews! I won't be there this Friday but I know some of my fellow classmates will be. Get excited!

If it's anything like my interview, then you have nothing to worry about. The staff is extremely welcoming and friendly. Be prepared to talk about the PA profession (what's the role of PAs in our healthcare system?), why you chose PA, why this program, and most importantly, be yourself! I remember hearing this a lot when I went for interviews and I was still a nervous wreck, so really, it's still okay to be nervous but be excited at the same time! We are excited to have you here and tell you about our program.

What I'll say for now is that this program is intense. Be prepared to spend a lot of time studying and reviewing for exams. We have a great co-hort who come from different backgrounds. There is a great sense of support and we help each other out as much as we can. The faculty is great. They really listen to us as we get through this first year of PA school. The best part of this program, in my opinion, is cadaver lab. It is by far my favorite part of PA school. Make sure you ask about it if you have more questions.

You can message me if you have any specific questions. Finals week starts on Monday so I will try check this when I can. Also, it would be nice to wish my classmates good luck this Friday, just saying :)  

Good luck!

• 2 weeks later...

Accepted on June 13th after interviewing on June 9th! Would love to get in touch with other people that have been accepted since the class Facebook page doesn't open until October. Good luck to everyone interviewing. It is an incredible program!

Archived