Need LOR...PLS HELP

so, I graduated in 2015. My premed advisor was a professor for a lot of my upper level bio classes. Unfortunately, I went through a crisis & depression during my GAP year & applied to pharmacy school ( he wrote me a LOR). I got in & realized that I had let my circumstances take control of me instead of vice versa. I declined the acceptance into pharmacy school. 2016 I applied to DO schools  ( He wrote me a LOR AGAIN) while my sister had a medical emergency, I spent majority of the time taking her from one dr to the next. I was waitlist & rejected to the few DO schools I applied to. Recently, I learned I have endometriosis & I may not be able to establish a family in a couple of years. I feel really bummed out. I would really like to have a career & a family. 

Soooo.....Now, I have decided to apply to PA schools (I have the gpa,prereqs, HCE and PCE) but I feel awkward (& embarrassed ) asking him to write me a LOR for the third time. But he is the only science professor left that college. 

Thank you in advance!!! 

I agree with the last post. It's OK that you don't always know the next step in life, but your post makes it look like you're all over the place. Which healthcare career is for me? Do I want to stop and have a family now? Etc, etc.

Take a breath and lay out a plan, at least for the next couple of years. If you get in PA school, you will be tied up for 2.5 years and then should take a job for at least a few years. Otherwise, if you take some time off for a family, you may have a problem differentiating yourself from a new grad when you reenter the market. So, if 4-5 years is too long to wait to start your family, perhaps you need to think through applying at this point.

I buy how people don't know what they should do in the long term; that has been a theme in my own life. At some point though, you do need to make a decision and take your next step, whatever you want it to be.

Good luck.

Archived