what are my chance??

cgpa= 3.57

sgpa= 3.46
BS major: bio minor: chem
patient care hours 1300 as a MA
shadowing hours: primary care adults & pets + PA= 150
other healthcare experience: medical receptionist, pharmacy tech, exec't assistant at a medical center

my list: Rutgers, NYITCOM, and Mercy

so what do you think? 

Thank you in Advance!!!

I think your GPA is fine.

PCE is ok, 2000 would be better but thats just one piece.

Shadowing is fine.

Personally I would take the GRE if I were you, apply to a few more schools just to broaden your opportunities.  If your essay is on point and you interview well I think you have a pretty good shot.

Great! now another question, I'm sorry....

I have not and am not planning on taking the GRE. Do think that will be a problem? 

The 3 schools listed above do not require the GRE. Do you think I should expand the list to additional schools that don't require the GRE?

Actually I'm a full time employee, I have a lot of financial responsibilities and cannot afford to reduce my hours at work  at the moment. Hopefully, next year the responsibilities will reduce & enable me to go back to school. 

Thanks once again guys!!! <3

Applying to three programs would be considered very narrow. Obviously applying to more programs can increase your odds at getting an interview, to a certain degree. Applying to 7-8 programs is a more standard number that people tend to apply to. Just make sure if you do decide to cast a wider net,that you are actually willing to move and live in that area.

Taking the GRE would easily open up your options even more.

I would say go for it! I also did not take the GRE, only applied to one school, and got accepted. Make sure your personal statement is memorable. That really is what is going to get schools more curious about you and make them want to interview you. Best of luck!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

Archived