LOR from a PA who hasn't observed me in a clinical setting?

Would it be okay have a PA who knows my character, my academic ability, and my work ethic very well but OUTSIDE of a clinical setting (didn't shadow her, didn't work with her in HC setting) write me a letter of rec? She is a mentor and I've known her for 4+ years but I've been unable to shadow her due to timing/distance/other factors. She could write me a killer LOR but I fear that it might not be "good enough" for my schools since she hasn't officially seen me work in a clinical setting. When I told her long ago that I am applying to PA school, she said she would be happy to write me a letter. 

What do you think? Thanks in advance! 

Don't "check the box" to check the box. What i mean by this is that most students volunteer, do research, and obtain medical experience to put it on their application. If it is not TRULY MEANINGFUL then it is useless. Anything on an application is fair game when asked during an interview, so make sure it is all pertaining to WHY you want to be a PA. Don't get a PA LOR to just have a LOR from a PA....I shadowed a PA for 50 hours, do you really think someone who has known me for 50 hours is going to be a valuable LOR asset? (hell no!) The point is, craft your application with the main point in mind, all my experiences, LOR, and grades PROVE I want to be a PA. Don't run through the motions. 

Archived