Southeast EM Pay Ranges

EM Salary in the Southeast  

11 members have voted

1. 1. Ignoring end of year bonuses, what is a typical new grad EM hourly salary in the southeast (include production if your salary includes it)?

• 40-44
    • 44-48
    • 48-52
    • 52-56
    • 56-60
    • 60-64
    • 65 or higher
  2. 2. Ignoring end of year bonuses, what is a typical total EM hourly salary in the southeast for a PA with 3+ years of experience (include production if your salary includes it)?

• 50-54
    • 54-58
    • 58-62
    • 62-66
    • 66-70
    • 70-75
    • More than 75

Given the incredibly small number of respondents, the AAPA salary data is almost worthless.  Meanwhile, reading the responses to many of these posts often makes it seem that almost any offer is too low!  Does anyone here practice in the southeast (Virginia, North Carolina, South Carolina, Georgia, Tennessee)?  I think Florida is a separate animal and it's still hard to know if comparisons between states translates well.  However, given a more or less standard benefits package as a full-time employee (health, CME, PTO, 3% escalating to 10% retirement 401K), what do you think is a fair hourly salary range for a new grad in EM?  What about for an experienced person, e.g. with 3+ years of experience?  

• 1 month later...

Just posted this in another topic earlier today:

In semi rural Virginia with 1.5 year exp.   I earn 93k salary + 4.5k annual bonus.  1.5k CME. No production/RVU.  +$100 per shift for any nights (avg 4-6). 

Given 10% 401k.  50% of Health Ins. 

I work 150hrs a month (15 * 10h).  Avg 17-25 pts per shift of low to mid acuity.  Not much teaching.  No PTO.

With the bonus but before 401k and Health this is 54 an hour.  (I often stay over though between 30-90mins bringing the rate down some for sure).

After reading here feel as though this may be on the low/mid end of acceptable.  Just wish there was a little more learning but generally everyone is too busy.

Hope this helps.

Archived