What are my chances?

I just recently changed to pre-PA about a year ago, right after graduating undergrad (B.S. in Biology).... am I totally screwed for this application cycle?

Undergrad Ed School: University of Minnesota - Twin Cities

Cumulative Undergrad. GPA: 3.35
Science Undergrad. GPA: 3.10

Age at application time : 23

1st GRE: 156

Direct Patient Care : 

CNA ~1,300

Volunteering in a health care setting ~150

Other volunteering: ~250

Letters of Rec: PA (shadowed), Employer (at my CNA job), Employer (undergraduate job), Professor (Science)

I have met all the pre-reqs for all of the schools I am applying to.

What is your GRE score for each section?

It really depends on the requirements of the schools you are planning on applying to (e.g. GPA and GRE cutoffs). In general, you have enough HCE, have taken the required coursework, and have a decent enough GPA to apply. The CASPA 2017-2018 application does not even open until April 27th. You miss all the shots you don't take!

You are not screwed, but it won't be a cake walk. I had similar stats and was accepted this cycle. I'd say GPA is average-below average. For GRE most schools look for something over 300, is the 156 for both verbal and quantitative? Make sure you do your research on what schools you align with and are actually willing to attend. Most importantly, have an excellent PS, it's what will show the adcom who you really are outside of your stats. Good luck! It can definitely be done!

Archived