PSA: CNA and MA are listed as HCE and not PCE on CASPA

• 4 weeks later...

Read the fine print:

"Please review the definitions below, consider the duties which you performed during your experience, and use your best judgment to determine which category your experience falls into. Note that these definitions are based upon general feedback from PA programs; ultimately CASPA has no preference as to which category you choose to place your experience under as individual programs’ definitions and requirements vary. CASPA advises applicants who have prerequisite requirements to confer with their individual programs if they are unsure how these programs will consider their experience."

Many schools consider CNA or MA and PCE. Also, note job responsibilities and which category they fall into. I have my CNA and the work I do in urgent care would definitely fall under the PCE CASPA description in my opinion. (I realize my opinion will obviously seem bias here.)

I question why CASPA made this change and was not more clear about qualifying it.

Archived