Expenses to Consider Post Graduation? How much extra loan $ to borrow?

Hey everyone,

So I've only been borrowing enough $$ to cover each semester but I'll be graduating this December and plan to take the PANCE at the end of January. I'm trying to come up with a list of expenses to account for after school so please feel free to share if there's anything that took you by surprise/didn't consider financially aside from cost of exams, licensing, living expenses, and maybe travel.

Do any of you have a ballpark estimate of how much you decided to take out extra in loans for after you graduated? I'm hoping to start working by the end of March latest.

Thanks in advance for the advice :)

Keep in mind that you can still only borrow up to the COA for that semester/year so you don't have unlimited funds at your disposal.  It might be that you request the max and when you figure out what you don't need, pay it down on your loans ASAP.  Considering you're looking for a number that is highly variable and if you're borrowing for summer and/or fall and pay it back within 6 months (assuming starting a job in March) you're subjecting it to minimal interest accrual.  Might be worth it to give yourself the safety net instead of trying to calculate exact numbers.

Archived