I FAILED PANCE TWICE

I took PANCE for the first time 2 weeks after graduation and was really confident I was going to pass. When I saw my result, I was mortified and devastated because I had failed by 3 points and I was not expecting to. I already have 2 job waiting, and all I needed was to pass. I cried that entire night, woke up the next morning with the energy to pursue PANCE again. I took it again immediately my 3 months was up, this times, I used 2 PANCE books and rosh review. I was also confident I was going to pass, but failed by 16 point. When I saw my result, I called NCCPA they probably made a mistake on my score, they recheck my result and told me there was no mistake. At this point, I was already drowning financially, and just when I thought things couldn't get worst, my marriage began falling apart and left with responsibilities to take care of my 20 month old by myself. Despite all this, I know I want to become a medical provider as much as I want to breath. I started studying again and also got a job as a research assistant which took care of the financial aspect. I used helpcampus/helpzebra to study because it breaks down all the topics on the  blueprint in ways that help you understand. I learn better understanding the materials, rather than just memorize it. Rosh review was also very helpful especially with practicing test questions. When I felt ready, I register to take the exam again after 4 months.  I had friends advice me to take a year off before taking it again, but I want to get certified so I can start doing what I love. I got my test result, I passed by 112 points. I am so excited. Congratulations to those that passed, and if you didn't, don't beat yourself up, try try again and never give up. 

Congrats for passing and for not giving up! I find it interesting that you missed it by such a small margin, then passed with such a large one. Was there specific topics or areas that you had the most trouble with? Did you find that your program may have not prepared you as well? Although, considering you had a family and a young child, even getting through a program is an exceptional accomplishment! Just curious on your personal opinion/observations of the preparation for the exam vs the content of the exam. Thank you!

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk

Wow congrats!! Kudos to you for pushing through. 

I just got my results this morning and found out I failed for the 2nd time. I honestly don't know what to do. Similarly, my financial situation is hurting. I think I may want to try and take it one more time, but definitely need to find a job until I reach that point. Any suggestions?? 

• Administrator

Let's be crystal clear here:

- if you failed PANCE but had done your best, it's likely that your program failed you.

- if you failed PANCE after you had done your best, and you were surprised by that result, your program almost certainly failed you.

Whether its PACKRATS or just the intensity of cumulative testing, each PA program should be doing everything possible to make sure its students who cannot adapt to PANCE know about it and can spend intense time training for it.

Archived