1 reply to this topic

#1 keaarvig

keaarvig

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 21 April 2017 - 03:03 AM

Hello!

I will be applying to PA school this coming cycle and I am trying to finish organizing my experiences. 

I had a couple of questions and would appreciate any advice you have.

1. I am currently enrolled in a phlebotomy course to receive my national certification. I will be mentioning this briefly in my statement, but was wondering if there was a way to add this into experiences. (we do have a given number of clinical hours we must meet).

2. I have heard different individuals say that for the experiences section it's best to include any and every experience that you can, but I have also heard it is better to limit what you include to the experiences that make an applicant more favorable. 

Thank you!

#2 TomB

TomB

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 70 posts

Posted Today, 02:46 AM

Basically the experience hours in CASPA are broken down into two categories: healthcare experience (HCE) and patient care experience (PCE).  HCE can be anything involved within the health field and PCE is direct PT care.  It will ask you to list your different experiences, give a summary of duties, if it was PCE or HCE, and whether it was for pay or volunteer.  I would say include everything both PCE and HCE as it will only strengthen your application.

Florida State University PA-S, Class of 2019

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: experience, phlebotomy, volunteering

4 user(s) are reading this topic

2 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users

AliB, futurepa33