2017-2018 Yale University - PA Online Application Thread

• Replies 465
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I am just waiting for my confirmation enrollment for my Genetics prerequisite in order to proceed in the application process.

Berkeley Extension 3 semester credits self paced with proctored final.

Have you spoken with anybody up there recently? Would love to know where they are at in the process.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Many medical schools tape their lectures.  A large percentage of students only go to lab and watch the lectures on their own time (at 2-3x speed no less).  

See this thread:  https://forums.studentdoctor.net/threads/how-are-so-many-medical-school-students-able-to-skip-lecture-and-do-well.1100446/

I have friends who attended the local medical school (a top 10 school) and they all said the same.  They read the texts, attend the labs, and listened to the lectures as quickly as possible to make sure nothing was covered in lecture that they didn't read in the book.

Online instruction is the future.  PA schools are playing catch up here.  Watching/listening (to) your professor lecture at home is no different than sitting in class except that it's more convenient.

Name one medical school that offers the entire academic year online...taping lectures for review is entirely different than a completely distance education and until you attend PA school you will not realize how different it is from any other education...I am completely serious here.  At this point there is near 220 PA programs accredited.  Not sure why this is even necessary or better than traditional programs. 2U will throw millions at this program to push it though.  Everyone (2U, Van Rhee, Yale) has too much to lose but that does not equate success.

Archived