73 replies to this topic

#61 CAdamsPAC

CAdamsPAC

Registered

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,605 posts

Posted 20 April 2017 - 10:03 PM

For as long as I can recall, the PA profession has spent time and capital trying to play nice with everyone. The NCCPA is in this for themselves not us, just like the politicians "are here to serve the public". The NCCPA seized control of the PA profession when "we" decide to accept them as the stewards of our "documented competence". They took our acquiescence and ran with it telling the public across the nation , that they were protecting them and keeping us honest and competent while lining their coffers with our money.We are now "Sharecroppers " on the NCCPA Plantation and they determine the crops, who we sell to and how much of the crop we can keep for ourselves!  We have now witnessed that "absolute power, corrupts absolutely. Don't expect NCCPA to let us slaughter their" cash cow" or make it easy to unmask the ugly face of unbridled control and greed drunk on power. To fight this battle and win we must be prepared to suffer casualties and do ugly if not hurtful things. This is contrary to the "kinder gentler" caring collaborative path that the majority of PAs have and are walking professionally. Take a look at those entities that endorse NCCPA and ask yourself if you are willing to seek their support in weakening the grip of NCCPA on our profession's throat. If it's a fight that they want, then "we rebels" should remember 19 April 1775 and the words of Captain Greene ""Stand your ground. Don't fire unless fired upon, but if they mean to have a war let it begin here." . I do believe that NCCPA has fired the first volley of this revolt. Let me know,when and where we will rally for the campaign!!!!

• ventana likes this

Disclaimer - All posts are for entertainment purposes only! I accept no responsibility if you take whatever I write to be serious and/or factual. Any resemblance to the truth is purely fictional and coincidental at best and are darn good ideas.

#62 south

south

Registered

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 280 posts

Posted 21 April 2017 - 08:59 AM

take a look at the nccpa's finances

https://drive.google...EFwTVQwbDA/view

• BandidoRooobs likes this

PA-C, SICU

USA

#63 Noreaster

Noreaster

Moderator: ORTHOPEDICS

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,079 posts

Posted 21 April 2017 - 02:16 PM

OMG, this gets better... check this out!

http://wvmetronews.c...-down-to-money/

I'm increasingly disgusted...

I'm going to look into writing this Senator in support of actions of reversing the veto.  This s**t hits so many levels of deplorable. 

• sas5814 likes this
Noreaster

#64 ventana

ventana

Moderator, Past Practice Owner

• Moderators
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,945 posts

Posted 21 April 2017 - 04:37 PM

$77,000 on investment management fees!!!  What do they have for investments??  (listed as over 20m!! - why are they continually raising fees????)

Exams costs are under 4m

rev is almost 400% of this....

I think there is some more accounting that needs to take place

Dawn Morton  $334,000 Income

3 VP's making about $180k pr year  - 

that is 4 people making about a million bucks!!  all of them are WELL OVER the average PA salary...

time to clean house...

• CAdamsPAC, Timon, cg02186 and 2 others like this

The Fine Print - you didn't pay for my advice so please consider this when reading it. I don't care about typos so don't tell me I can't type.:eek:

I vote for a  Full Practice Authority and staged independent practice.

MBA, MS, PA

https://gifs.com/gif/wpZWlm 

#65 BandidoRooobs

BandidoRooobs

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts

Posted 21 April 2017 - 09:22 PM

They removed the review/rating section from their facebook page. I guess they didn't like the reactions to what they did.

#66 Reality Check 2

Reality Check 2

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,230 posts

Posted 21 April 2017 - 10:22 PM

Their email I got today - just their news thing -  was pretty bland and completely avoided the 4000 lb elephant in the room.

Acting like it is all normal......

Hmmm, not

25 yr PA

#67 rev ronin

rev ronin

• Moderators
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,984 posts

Posted 22 April 2017 - 12:22 AM

Their email I got today - just their news thing -  was pretty bland and completely avoided the 4000 lb elephant in the room.

Acting like it is all normal......

Hmmm, not

What would they have to gain by broadcasting that a few PAs have become aware of the issues?

#68 Reality Check 2

Reality Check 2

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,230 posts

Posted 22 April 2017 - 12:26 AM

What would they have to gain by broadcasting that a few PAs have become aware of the issues?

I get that - I just like accountability and honesty - all too lacking in many facets of life.....

25 yr PA

#69 rev ronin

rev ronin

• Moderators
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,984 posts

Posted 22 April 2017 - 12:27 AM

I get that - I just like accountability and honesty - all too lacking in many facets of life.....

Accountability and a self-perpetuating board of directors are not compatible.

• Noreaster and dermdawg like this

#70 Noreaster

Noreaster

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,079 posts

Posted 24 April 2017 - 07:16 PM

Yet, it was my belief that, at the last recent big meeting with the NCCPA, AAPA, and ARC-PA, the NCCPA "agreed" to be transparent.  That obviously hasn't happened--even at the molecular level...heck, I don't even see a single atom of transparency. 

We PAs, however, are expected to have a high level of transparency, including modern-day star rating systems, picker scores, etc, etc, Imagine if we had the power to go into any website and change or shut down the rating system.  Hmm..  right, the NCCPA isn't about to give up this power easily, or even at all.  Actually, I've tried to Google search NCCPA ratings, or reviews, and I can't find any, except an other facebook one, (not the one recently shut down b/c it had like 1.3 out of 5 stars.. 

How does a company remain above all of this?  Money! 

Noreaster

#71 rev ronin

rev ronin

• Moderators
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,984 posts

Posted 24 April 2017 - 07:20 PM

Hmm..  right, the NCCPA isn't about to give up this power easily, or even at all.

That's why I favor a two-pronged plan:

1) Pushing for the direct, democratic election of a majority of the board of directors by currently certified PAs

2) AAPA Preparing for a nuclear option if 1) is not successful.

#72 Noreaster

Noreaster

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,079 posts

Posted 24 April 2017 - 07:32 PM

Oh, and also, for those, who still want to write reviews, (and hopefully wouldn't be any heresy or rumors but real stuff), you have to Google,

"Google review" NCCPA

you have to put the quotes in like that, at least, that's the only way I got it up. Then we can keep all the reviews flowing and, well, who knows if they'll pay Google to take things down ha.. at this point, I wouldn't put it past 'em.

Noreaster

#73 south

south

Registered

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 280 posts

Posted 25 April 2017 - 01:48 AM

oops dupilcate post

PA-C, SICU

USA

#74 Cobb31

Cobb31

Registered

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted Yesterday, 07:00 PM

Do WV "Advanced Practice Registered Nurses" really have to take "recertification exams"?

APRNs do not take recertification exams , anywhere to my knowledge. They definitely do not here in wv.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users