Applying for a 4th time-question regarding content

So unfortunately I am having to apply to PA for a 4th time. I was sssooo close this round! I was waitlisted but I am so far up the waitlist I do not expect to be accepted. What do yall think about mentioning in my personal state that this is my 4th time applying and I am not giving up anytime soon. This is what I want to do and there is no career out there that excites me more than PA. Do you think that would be frowned upon or would it show that I am 100% committed to this profession?

Feedback would be appreciated :)

Have you asked any of the schools that have rejected or waitlisted your application what would make you a stronger candidate for future applications?  If so, I would take the corrective actions they have recommended and perhaps include it in the personal statement.  I think that would show you are willing to learn and grow to obtain your goals and it gives an admissions committee some concrete examples of how you are improving yourself as well as how you handle setbacks. 

Being determined is great, but having a plan for improvement is what will really make you stand out. 

Good luck. I am impressed with your determination and I hope this round of applications is successful. 

Guest HanSolo

First off, I applaud you for your dedication to the profession. It takes a lot to be knocked down and keep getting back up. Way to go. I agree with Gallant. You can certainly say that this is your fourth time applying if you want, but you need to be damn sure that it is phrased in a positive way. You absolutely need to put out an outstanding application. The last thing you want is for someone to look at your application and say, "Gee, this is their fourth time applying and this is all they put out?" 

Best of luck. I hope you get in. 

Saying it's the fourth time does not sound like a great idea to me; if so many schools didn't take you the other three times, why should a school do so on the fourth round for no other reason than "now it's his/her time?"

Better to say that you are a repeat applicant and here are the things you've done to make yourself better. I've seen this done before successfully. On the other hand, I've also seen some poor interviewees stay that way the next time around.

This is a good time for introspection and for personal change. Good luck!

^^ I agree with this comment.

Since you will likely be applying to multiple programs I think it would be better to keep it more generic on the side of just saying you are a re-applicant in general. I would think through these four cycles you have gone through you have experienced a good amount of growth and introspection. I would use other specific experiences throughout your educational and healthcare roles to show your passion and dedication to the PA profession. Personal statements that show instead of tell are always much better.

When I applied the second time around I didn't even mention in my personal statement that it was my second cycle applying since I added more schools to my list the second time around.

It could be a topic you could bring up in a secondary essay and could tailor it to certain schools, especially the one you were wait listed with.

Archived