Will CASPA accept a HAPP (Health Administration Public Policy Course) as a science course?

My current university offers many HAPP (Health Administration Public Policy Course) courses and I am wondering if CASPA will accept this as a science course as I do not specifically see this listed on the CASPA course subject list. 

https://portal.caspaonline.org/caspaHelpPages/frequently-asked-questions/academic-history/course-subjects/

Here is a description of the course I would like to take:

HAPP 200

Overview of basic biological principles and human issues in health and disease for non-technically oriented students preparing for careers in health care administration, community and public health, social work, etc. Topics include an introduction to human biology and development, interrelationships within the ecological framework, human anatomy and physiology, health and disease, nutrition and malnutrition, significant acute and chronic diseases, public health and disease prevention, aging, trauma, disability and mental stress.

HAPP 340

Understanding how we communicate about health, and evidence based methods and theories around effective health communication, is a relatively new field of study. This class will expose students to the field of health communication. Students will develop an understanding of the evolution of health communication, and applications in promoting health. Students will also build skills in a variety of media to enhance their ability to effectively communicate about health.

Thanks for the input!

Guest HanSolo

Based on the HAPP title I would say they will not be listed as science courses. I wouldn't take the HAPP 200 class. It sounds like a survey course that's not designed for anyone with a science background. You'll be bored. Health communication, on the other hand, would be useful in your career. 

I agree; in general, "health administration" or "health promotion" courses don't usually get counted as science and the admin class in general does not sound particularly useful for a pre-PA student. The second one could be useful to you as a student, but not worthwhile if your goal is a science GPA boost.

• 2 weeks later...

I don't think this would satisfy a science course.  It sounds more along the lines of public health or health administration, as others have mentioned.  These courses are certainly beneficial to you as a student, in my opinion.  I have taken numerous upper level courses in public health to strengthen my overall knowledge of healthcare outside of the science aspect. 

Archived