• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 hfrazee

hfrazee

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 10 April 2017 - 03:10 AM

I am trying to find an example of a PA that owned their own practice in Oregon? I already have 3 MDs willing to do the supervising requirements for me that will be in the same office, but they all just share space and legally own their own business. We would prefer I also own my own practice rather than being their employee if it's legally possible and not to much of  a headache. I haven't heard back from the Oregon Medical Board. 

• inetryconydot likes this

#2 EMEDPA

EMEDPA

• Moderators
  • PipPipPip
  • 20,303 posts

Posted 10 April 2017 - 03:51 AM

tough to do in OR, much easier in WA....just saying...OR medical board is not PA friendly....

Moderator, Emergency Medicine Forum
Emergency Medicine PA, EMT-P
Doctor of Health Science & Global Health
30 years in Emergency Medicine

#3 camoman1234

camoman1234

Registered

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 120 posts

Posted 17 April 2017 - 07:03 PM

Doesn't matter if OR is PA friendly or not, if it is in the statues/laws then you are good to go. I would contact your PA state organization, that is what I did and they told me the statues/laws in my state. I am buying out a practice as we speak. 

#4 Simon94

Simon94

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 26 posts

Posted 06 June 2017 - 06:40 AM

Doesn't matter if OR is PA friendly or not, if it is in the statues/laws then you are good to go. I would contact your PA state organization, that is what I did and they told me the statues/laws in my state. I am buying out a practice as we speak. 

Agreed with him.

Life is 10% what happens to you and 90% how you react to it.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: oregon, psychiatry, PA owned practice

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users