Microbiology requirement

I took a course under the department called Pathology, Microbiology, and Immunology (PMI). I am not sure if would satisfy the microbiology requirement. The course description is as follows, "Fundamentals of Immunology- Overview of immunology including components of the immune system, initiation and regulation of the immune response, infection and immunity, hypersensitivity and immune dysfunction. Clinical immunologic techniques, immunodeficiency and vaccinology." Please let me know what you think!

Did you have a lab component to the course? What level of a class was it? Intro (1000 level course for example) or more of a upper division (2000 or 3000 level course)?

Given your description I would say it sounds much more like an immunology course than a microbiology course. The safe option but may be a pain is to check with the admissions for the programs you plan on applying to.

I took a course under the department called Pathology, Microbiology, and Immunology (PMI). I am not sure if would satisfy the microbiology requirement. The course description is as follows, "Fundamentals of Immunology- Overview of immunology including components of the immune system, initiation and regulation of the immune response, infection and immunity, hypersensitivity and immune dysfunction. Clinical immunologic techniques, immunodeficiency and vaccinology." Please let me know what you think!

Nope.  That's an immunology course, not a micro course.  Sorry.

Did you have a lab component to the course? What level of a class was it? Intro (1000 level course for example) or more of a upper division (2000 or 3000 level course)?

Given your description I would say it sounds much more like an immunology course than a microbiology course. The safe option but may be a pain is to check with the admissions for the programs you plan on applying to.

It is an upper division course and there is also a lab component to it. What would you say? Thank you, I plan to check with admissions as well. 

Archived