LOR Requirement and CASPA

Hello ! 

Maybe those of you that have applied through CASPA or have knowledge about this specific requirement can shed some light onto my question. Many of the programs I am applying (especially NOVA) only require 2 letters of recommendation, one from a PA and the other from another healthcare professional (MD, DO, NP, etc). CASPA requires three LOR to be submitted with the CASPA application. In addition, each LOR is sent to all programs I will apply to. My question is, is the 2 LOR requirement a minimum requirement? If they receive three LOR, do they just sift out the ones that they require? 

• 2 weeks later...

I maxed out my references and put 5 on my CASPA app. 2 PAs, 1 supervisor from HCE, 1 medical physics professor, and 1 other professor who'd been a part of my volunteer leadership experience.

Some of my programs only accepted 3, so they said they'd just pick 3 that met their requirements and ignore the rest. At least one of my schools told me they'd read all letters submitted. I'd say the more good opinions you can gather for yourself for your application, the better! Let them pick what they want to read!

Archived