Printer

Hello,

Can anyone recommend a printer that is efficient, affordable and has a decent ink price? I will be printing a lot of power points for school and would like to find one that works well. I would also like one where the ink lasts decently long. Any help or tips would be appreciated!

Also, open to more expensive/ long lasting ink types as well!!

Thank you

Hello,

Can anyone recommend a printer that is efficient, affordable and has a decent ink price? I will be printing a lot of power points for school and would like to find one that works well. I would also like one where the ink lasts decently long. Any help or tips would be appreciated!

Also, open to more expensive/ long lasting ink types as well!!

Thank you

My husband's PA school allows students to print whatever they need free of charge. He prints all his powerpoint outlines out for class. He has printed A LOT of paper! I would look into that first, it would save you a lot of money.

They make $100 laser printers that can print 2500+ sheets before needing toner(black and white only).  The toner cartridges are $15.  I bought a brother HL-L2380 off of amazon and have used it for 2 years without a problem.

I will never buy another inkjet again, the ink is ridiculously expensive for so few pages printed.  If I need color prints (very rare) I'll go to a copy place.

They make $100 laser printers that can print 2500+ sheets before needing toner(black and white only).  The toner cartridges are $15.  I bought a brother HL-L2380 off of amazon and have used it for 2 years without a problem.

I will never buy another inkjet again, the ink is ridiculously expensive for so few pages printed.  If I need color prints (very rare) I'll go to a copy place.

Thank you! I had read laser printers are better but I didn't know they were that much of a difference! Thanks!!

That's the first time I've heard of a school with no print allowance.  Wow.

Ya, Canon or Brother All-in-one laser printers.  You will be scanning stuff a lot more than you think and if you have a home phone, faxing is a major convenience.  

HP is crap.  

My Canon is so old and reliable the software isn't supported very well and it's headed for the local pawn shop pretty soon, see if I can get $10 for it.

Dell Mono Laser Printer | E310dw you'll get 2500 plus pages before buying another ink refill. Only $99! a difference of $30 you can get the all in one but just download an app called camScanner instead, you can scan important pages on the go, keep it on your phone to study in your sleep, turn files into PDFs and upload it to your email or google drive. Congrats on your acceptance!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• 2 weeks later...

Yeah, NEEEVVVEERRR buy inkjets.  The entire industry is a scam with cartridges that are programmed to display mpty when half full and which don't allow you to refill them with aftermarket ink...total scam.  As everyone said, find a nice efficient laserjet, use economy mode if they have it (think most laser's dont)...

Archived