Can I ask people for LOR right now even though cycle is over?

Guest HanSolo

You'll have to wait until April when the cycle opens again. You'll be fine! There really is no difference between submitting April 27th and May 27th. It's still "early."

Would it be possible for me to ask my references for a LOR right now even though the cycle is currently closed? I.e. I ask them and then they submit it to CASPA and have it verified and what not. I'm just trying to get everything ready to go once the new cycle opens on 4/27 so I can submit good applications ASAP.

You cannot submit to CASPA until the next cycle opens, but it doesn't hurt to ask your letter writers now to give then ample time to write one for you. That way it'll be ready by the time you want to submit.

• 4 weeks later...

You can definitely ask your references right now for your LOR, so that they can start writing one for you and be ready. Once the application cycle opens up, you will need to send request electronically via email through CASPA link. Then your references can just submit the letter right away. 

Archived