Anybody with a couple of C's get into school? My overall GPA is 3.56 and my science is 3.46 and I do have 2,000 hands on experience, volunteer experience, an above average GRE, PA shadowing hours, and rec letters from PAs. I am worried that my 3 science C's will defer me from getting into school. Are these stats capable of getting into school?

Depends on what you got the Cs in. Some schools require a B or better in prerequisite courses so you want to check the requirements at the schools you are interested in. Otherwise a couple of Cs in and of themselves won't kill you if your GPA is otherwise competitive.

anatomy- B

anatomy lab- B

physiology- A

physiology lab- A

gen chem 1- B

gen chem 1 lab- A

gen chem 2- C

gen chem 2 lab- A

O chem 1-  C

O chem 1 lab- A

psych- B

abnormal psych- A

micro & lab- B

cell bio & lab- B

genetics- C

genetics lab- B

med terminology- A

I have 200 hours of shadowing, my GRE was a 308 with 4.5 writing, and like I said 2,000 hours as a medical assistant. I also have around 200 hours of volunteer experience at a hospital.

If we are taking some new classes post-bacc after we finished our undergrad degree in order to get the prereqs we missed the first time, do they factor that into the overall and science GPA, or do they look at that separate and weigh the undergrad GPA more?

Archived